Main Menu

Scream & Misty - All new stories inside

Started by matty_ae, 14 October, 2017, 03:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

...and it's for that very reason that Ken Reid and Leo Baxendale left D.C. Thomson in the '60s.

Richard

I'd be happy to see a new series of The Thirteenth Floor in 2000AD.

IndigoPrime

Likewise, although hasn't Rebellion said it has no plans to cross the streams, so to speak?

Richard

The Monarch

i agree more of the thirteenth floor would be great its ripe for a future shock/terror tales/black museum like spot

Professor Bear

Quote from: Richard on 28 October, 2017, 03:30:05 PM

Clearly you are confused about the rules: Eagle publishes 2000ad's rejects, not the other way around.

Tiplodocus

So I bought this and it didn't really work for me.

It seemed a lot about the atmosphere (fear) and feel of the strips rather than solid, well told, scary stories.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mardroid

I think I would prefer to see these comic in another Rebellion published comic,  rather than appearing in 2000ad. Whether or not that would be sustainable, is another thing. If its not, I guess I'd accept tales turning up in the prog.   (I did think maybe the Meg floppy could be used for new material too, but thinking further, I think it's great in its current role providing reprint material of Rebellion owned properties.)

Smith

I think it would be weirder if we didnt get some continuation.I mean,we got a whole Justice League of IPC characters,there is gotta be some long term plan there.

The Adventurer

Do you think Sceam/Misty could survive as a regular quarterly? Maybe that's what Rebellion should work towards.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Spaceghost

All the stories read as an opening chapter to a new series. Whether that's because there are concrete plans to continue, or just an optimistic open ended approach in case the special does well (which seems to be the likely option, and it seems like it's selling well. Yay!), we'll have to wait and see.

Personally, I enjoyed it and I thought the writing and art throughout was of a very high standard. I'd LOVE to see more.

My only niggle is that it wasn't particularly scary (aside from The Sentinels which was genuinely chilling). The focus in most of the stories was on the invincible, seemingly super-human protagonists who I never believed were in any danger. I'd like to see more stories where the monsters and villains have the upper hand and the protagonists are desperately fighting to survive, rather than just effortlessly booting them in the face.

On the whole though, I'd love to Scream/Misty in the newsagent every week/month/quarter/year. Gimme more!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Smith

I think a quarterly schedule could work.But is Rebellion willing to risk it with another magazine? :-\

Richard

The floppies aren't for new stories. The whole point of them is reprints.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richard on 30 October, 2017, 09:48:29 AM
The floppies aren't for new stories. The whole point of them is reprints.

Yes. They're there as an inexpensive way to add value to the Megazine. New strip isn't cheap — original material needs to be under a cover with a price on it...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Satanist

Quote from: Richard on 28 October, 2017, 03:30:05 PM

I've not had a chance to read this yet but would always welcome more 13th floor!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?