Main Menu

PENNY DREDDFUL Short Story RESULTS AND PRIZES

Started by Bad City Blue, 13 March, 2018, 11:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Well that was fun, and I seems I won.

It's been a while, I must say, but well done me etc and well done all for some interesting stories.

In all honesty I held back my own vote in case a tie break was needed, but it would not have affected the final
results, as I went for Eamonn, Shark and Heath in that order.

SO me and mate get comps to LawgIVer, and in second place James C will get a 2000AD Graphic novel, thanks to the lovely MOLCH-R droid. (drop me a line with your details, James)

Cheers my loveliesd and I'm glad you liked the story.

Lawgiver Mk4 will be held in Bristol on May 26th, guests include Ian Gibson, Glen Fabry, Mick McMahon, Henry Flint, ALan Grant, Mike Collins, Bisley and many more. Full details at https://2000ad.wordpress.com/2018/03/12/lawgiver-iv-26th-may-bristol/

BCB

I killed a Judge today. Oh boy...

Society tells us that killing is wrong, as does our natural pack animal instinct. We choose the strong to lead us, to show us the way, to chastise those who choose wrong over right, but what if society's idea of wrong is something that just feels right?

Killing is easy. Seriously, it's a piece of munce. Maybe I lack that bit of empathy that makes extinguishing another's flame so daunting, but as far as I'm concerned that makes me stronger, better than those who can only be held back by petty things such as fear and guilt.

It's the first time I've killed a Judge, but it was only a logical step after all the other people I've done in. I don't get those who studiously count their kills, like it matters. I kill, and I move on, that's all. The numbers are out there but I've never been bothered enough to look them up. If somebody reads this one day I'm sure the figures will be calculated and shrieked over by social commentators, but believe me their total will never be close to the reality.

In all honesty, my main reason for doing it is because it seemed like a pinnacle for any mass murderer, the ultimate crime, to murder one whose very job is to stop you murdering. Delicious in so many ways.

One thing I didn't want to do is give the victim a rare disease or anything like that. It may have been okay for sneaks like PJ Maybe, but I like to be more, well, personal. After all, that's where the true enjoyment is, when you see the light go out of their eyes. The begging is nice as well, but you can't always arrange that.

These days it's not too hard to find a section of the city that PSU don't cover, and it was very easy to get Judge Hadrell to meet me there. She's been on the streets 20 years now, but I had a way to make her trust me and come to the meet alone. I suppose you may be expecting details of some elaborate plan, or a grisly fight to the death, but the professional killer doesn't do things that way. When we both arrived she asked me why I had insisted she meet me and I simply shot her with an unregistered, untraceable Moley 92 handgun. Through the badge and into the heart, all she had time to do was register total surprise on her face before she bought it. It was quite sublime.

So that's it – I killed a Judge. Even though she was one of many it was still pretty special, and I'm very sure I'll do another one soon. Until then, there's always plenty of normal citizens who are all asking for it.

I expect I'll kill a few later today – after all, I'm due at the sector house for the night shift, and there's always plenty of action for a man who spent 15 years in the academy being trained to kill...
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

K2

The Legendary Shark

Well done, BCB, a deserving winner! Enjoy yourself at the convention and try to get a few writers to support our beloved competition while you're there! Enjoyed all the entries this month - thanks, everyone, for sharing your talents.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JamesC

Well done BCB - a worthy winner!

Thanks for the votes everyone - I'm blown away that I came second and won a prize! 

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."