Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2000 AD ART STARS – enter now!  (Read 1757 times)

mightybren

• New Arrival
  • Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 AD ART STARS – enter now!
« Reply #15 on: 13 May, 2018, 06:13:34 pm »
All very true, thanks CFM. I thought it'd be a big ask due to the numbers, but don't ask don't get :)
True about people not taking feedback well too, which is a shame because IMHO it's the only way to improve. I post work on deviant art and Instagram and ask for feedback but never get it... Which I find frustrating.

I've been thinking about getting into small press anyway, once I'm confident that my work is consistent enough. I'll take that route once I have a portfolio I'm willing to submit. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Andy Lambert

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 May, 2018, 11:57:37 pm »
Anyone started on their's yet?

mightybren

• New Arrival
  • Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 May, 2018, 08:06:01 am »
Yes :)

I'm developing some ideas anyway... The actual final artwork I'll probably start in a few weeks or so.

Steven Denton

• 2000AD Creator
  • Prog Stacking Droid
  • Who's got a match?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 May, 2018, 02:53:51 pm »
All very true, thanks CFM. I thought it'd be a big ask due to the numbers, but don't ask don't get :)
True about people not taking feedback well too, which is a shame because IMHO it's the only way to improve. I post work on deviant art and Instagram and ask for feedback but never get it... Which I find frustrating.

I've been thinking about getting into small press anyway, once I'm confident that my work is consistent enough. I'll take that route once I have a portfolio I'm willing to submit. Thanks for the recommendation :)

You can also post in the creative common here and ask for advice. You'll probably find that for best results you should ask for feedback/advice in specific areas. things like 'looking for advice on anatomy/story telling/inking/composition' things like that.

Getting involved in the small press is good advice. if you are not ready for strips then art compactions and teamed draw offs/blogs are also a good place to start.

mightybren

• New Arrival
  • Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 May, 2018, 04:12:09 pm »
Cheers Steven, that's really good advice :) much appreciated!

Steve Green

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 May, 2018, 11:32:19 am »
Asking for clarification on a couple of points.

Regarding the topic being Judge Dredd - does Joe himself have to feature, or is it a bit more loose than that, if someone wanted to do a star scan of Justice 1 etc.

Secondly, colour or b/w - use of digital/3D etc being acceptable or not.

Thanks,

Steve

Andy Lambert

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 May, 2018, 09:42:25 pm »
Yes :)

I'm developing some ideas anyway... The actual final artwork I'll probably start in a few weeks or so.

Best of luck with it!
I really want to make a start myself, but I'm going to be busy with coursework for the next few weeks... :/

mightybren

• New Arrival
  • Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 May, 2018, 08:19:11 am »
Best of luck with it!
I really want to make a start myself, but I'm going to be busy with coursework for the next few weeks... :/ 

Thanks Andy!
Deadline is September so we've got plenty of time. Coursework is good practice :) I'm sure you'll come up with something outstanding after honing your Jedi master skills further. Good luck :)

CrazyFoxMachine

• Submod
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Twee-tar
« Reply #23 on: 16 May, 2018, 09:19:05 pm »
Asking for clarification on a couple of points.

Regarding the topic being Judge Dredd - does Joe himself have to feature, or is it a bit more loose than that, if someone wanted to do a star scan of Justice 1 etc.

Secondly, colour or b/w - use of digital/3D etc being acceptable or not.

Thanks,

Steve

Replied to the first on FB but I'd say - Joe/version of Joe is the main focus but you can include any villains you want etc.

I can't forsee any problems with accepting 3D art and b/w or colour whatever works for you!

Also entries are starting to go up todayyyyy here:

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=45241

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #24 on: 16 May, 2018, 10:08:01 pm »

Link?

mightybren

• New Arrival
  • Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile