Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 2001 times)

Keef Monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
Re: Fallout 76
« Reply #15 on: 19 November, 2018, 04:20:31 pm »
I've dipped into it for a bit here and there, probably played about 4hrs total. Still a bit undecided about how much it's going to hook me in long term, but I do love the feeling of stepping out into a new Fallout map and getting to grips with it. That's carrying me just now, just a bit worried that the main quest-line won't be fleshed out enough to keep me going, and I keep stumbling into timed events which haven't been very inspiring so far.

Not seeing a lot of people in my wasteland either! Probably passed half a dozen people on my travels and we didn't interact. I hope it gets its hooks in, I'd love it to be a game that I keep coming back to for a long time.

Greg M.

• I do mermaid alertness course.
    • View Profile
    • The Beat of His Own Drum
« Reply #16 on: 19 November, 2018, 06:29:55 pm »
Haven’t done too much of the main quest line yet, mostly just exploring, building and enjoying getting dragged off on side-quests. I like how desolate it all feels, and I love encountering all the weird little vignettes – it’s far closer in atmosphere to Fallout 3 than it is New Vegas or 4. It’s getting some stinking reviews, but I’m finding it enormous fun, so I must be doing something wrong.

Link Prime

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 November, 2018, 11:15:46 pm »
Haven’t done too much of the main quest line yet, mostly just exploring, building and enjoying getting dragged off on side-quests. I like how desolate it all feels, and I love encountering all the weird little vignettes – it’s far closer in atmosphere to Fallout 3 than it is New Vegas or 4. It’s getting some stinking reviews, but I’m finding it enormous fun, so I must be doing something wrong.

Sounds pretty good to be honest Greg.
You taking a 'single player' approach?
Interested to hear if the game can be fully played with limited interaction.
Or even better, none. Is that an option?

Greg M.

• I do mermaid alertness course.
    • View Profile
    • The Beat of His Own Drum
« Reply #18 on: 21 November, 2018, 11:42:39 pm »
I don't know if there'll come a point when it gets increasingly difficult to play it 'solo', but so far that's been my approach. If I've been passing through an area where people are fighting against computer-controlled foes in an 'event', I've lent a hand, but apart from that, just been going about doing my own thing.

Keef Monkey

• I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #19 on: 22 November, 2018, 10:27:43 am »
Yeah the player count and the size of the map means you'll pass through areas occasionally where a handful of people are in a fight but I've generally kept moving and doing my own thing. I bumped into a friend in my session last night while wandering, neither of us were playing with headsets but we fired off a couple of emotes and then parted ways again. Just crossing paths with him and saying hello was nice though!