Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thrill-Coma 2010  (Read 11223 times)

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Thrill-Coma 2010
« Reply #90 on: 27 January, 2019, 05:46:27 am »
Oops, I did a copy pasta and mis-credited Damnation Station - it should have looked like this:

Damnation Station [2nd arc] (1850-1861)
Script: Al Ewing
Art: Mark Harrison
Letters: Simon Bowland

fate amenable to change

broodblik

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 27 January, 2019, 05:57:07 am »

Aquila: Where All Roads Lead (1851-1855)
Script: Gordon Rennie
Art: Patrick Goddard
Colours: Gary Caldwell
Letters: Ellie De Ville

A smaller five part chunk of bloody mystical mayhem set (if you didn't guess by the title) in Imperial Rome.  This is fascinating stuff, with my only complaint being that I didn't want it to end so soon.  It transpires that the titular immortal killer is being hired to do a sort of "Seven Heads for Hekate" style quest, neatly setting things up for future installments.

It is one of those new thrills which was just awesome but for some reason it just disappeared into the cracks the last few years. It might be a case  where Rennie got bored with the character, but I really would like this to return.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 27 January, 2019, 10:40:14 am »
There's so much stuff here I'm looking forward to getting to in my re-read but its so damned far off.

Aquila was a story I wanted to love but just couldn't make myself do so - mind as broodblik says its a shame its another one that drifted away as its deserves the ending it seemed we were close to. Frustrating when this happens.

Flesh was a story I wanted to love and managed to make myself do so... it will be interesting on re-read to see if it holds up. I know I'm dreading the 7 warriors bit! Shame James McKay didn't work out as I really enjoyed his work.

Dark Jimbo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Grobbendonk spoke gibberish, a fringeworld dialect
    • View Profile
    • DarkJimbo on Deviantart
« Reply #93 on: 27 January, 2019, 10:44:50 am »

Aquila: Where All Roads Lead (1851-1855)

It is one of those new thrills which was just awesome but for some reason it just disappeared into the cracks the last few years. It might be a case  where Rennie got bored with the character, but I really would like this to return.

Rennie certainly has form in the 'I got bored' field. I find it a bit hard to invest in new stories by hin and Ian Edginton - who knows when (or if) they'll ever be concluded?

Maybe we'll find out what happened this Wednesday - Aquila is the next Ultimate Collection volume. Can't wait to read the back-up stuff and find out.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #94 on: 27 January, 2019, 10:49:36 am »
It's like I ended up stuck at a bar being ranted at by a simmeringly aggressive mysoginistic drunk conspiracy theorist.
That's as good a summing up of that series as I've ever read.

broodblik

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 27 January, 2019, 10:52:48 am »
Maybe there is a competition between Edginton and Rennie to see how long they can drag out a story before concluding it. We only got the last episode of Caballistics 11 years later. So I have still hope for Helium

CalHab

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 28 January, 2019, 03:08:45 pm »
Didn't Edginton promise some sort of conclusion to that in a Thrillcast?