Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Planet Replicas - Carlos Ezquerra Signature Edition Lawgiver.  (Read 331 times)

Steve Green

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile

Mardroid

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Replicas - Carlos Ezquerra Signature Edition Lawgiver.
« Reply #1 on: 07 July, 2018, 11:13:01 am »
Very nice! Thanks for posting Steve.

That picture of the three lawgivers together was interesting. Ezquerras version looks very much like a transitional model. I know it’s not, it’s an alternate take on the Mark 2*, but if you mentally swap the original Mark 2 and this version around, so the order is Mark 1, Ezquerra’s then the Mark 2, I think you’ll see what I mean. I.e. it starts elegant and slender, thickens out with Ezquerra’s (while remaining fairly true to the original design), then its the chunky short barrelled design most artists draw today.

It’s a nice design. It’s true to the old take but looks like it would do some major damage with that barrel.

*Or was he drawing it like that back in the Mark 1 days too? I forget...

Steve Green

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Replicas - Carlos Ezquerra Signature Edition Lawgiver.
« Reply #2 on: 07 July, 2018, 12:17:53 pm »
Thanks Chris,

Carlos' drawings vary a bit - there are some shots early on where the muzzle is pretty wide.

I think the lengthier MK1 tended to come from Brian and Ian (and I think Ian introduced the top magazine)

It's mainly because Carlos never adopted the MK2, but artists have their own variations anyway - Henry and Ben have flattened off the curved ammo dial for example.

Good to see that first 100 sold out straight away.