Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Current TV Boxset Addiction  (Read 112742 times)

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
Re: Current TV Boxset Addiction
« Reply #1875 on: 11 June, 2018, 04:27:44 pm »
Watching happy on Netflix enjoying it so far, gruesome funny and a bit nuts, might have to get the graphic novel it's based on
I'm a bit surprised there's no more love for Happy! on here. We just finished it, and it was refreshingly bonkers, like a mix of Crank and Toy Story. Really great performances, and despite the first episode or two being a touch formulaic, it really opened up. The last three episodes in particular were some astonishingly good TV.

(As for the trade, I was thinking of grabbing it, until I realised how thin it was. Subsequently delving into things, much of the characterisation in the TV show is absent – it's much more basic in nature. One of those rare occasions, then, where the TV show properly takes the original and runs with it – almost the opposite of Lucifer.)

Elsewhere, is anyone here watching Legion? And are you getting a bit… tired of it? We loved S01, but S02 feels a bit like a show that's constantly yelling LOOK HOW CLEVER I AM. And although I love Noah Hawley's work, Legion is so horribly humourless (unlike Fargo) and knowing that it's starting to become a trudge.

Mardroid

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: 11 June, 2018, 10:21:26 pm »
I really enjoyed Happy!

Crom

• New Arrival
  • Never Nude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: 14 July, 2018, 11:10:14 pm »
Currently taking a brief break from Stella to watch early episodes of Casualty and Silent Witness.

Also re-watching Luke Cage season 1 and The Defenders before going into LC season two.