Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things that went over your head...  (Read 129815 times)

Frank

• Bionic Fingers
  • Pretend I typed IMHO
    • View Profile
Re: Things that went over your head...
« Reply #1200 on: 08 September, 2019, 04:34:33 pm »
Who exactly was Moore talking to in the Northampton Arts Lab?

A Netflix series, Wormwood, covers this story from the point of view from Olson's family.

The Olson tale first got into the mainstream via the original source book for these stories Operation Mind Control (1978) by Walter Bowart. Another referred to in the book was the story of Candy Jones who cliamed to be a victim of the same programme – David Fincher was trying to get it made into a film at one point.

I haven't read Operation Mind Control, but the Olson's family's 1975 meeting with Gerald Ford appears to have sold them on the new cover story, that his death was an acid freak-out. It was their meeting with Gottlieb in 1984 that raised suspicions and the autopsy in the nineties revealed the head trauma and lack of toxins.

How A Deadly Fall Revealed The CIA's Deadliest Secrets ... Wormwood covers this story from the point of view from Olson's family

The CIA made me do that.

Rackle

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: 08 September, 2019, 05:40:49 pm »
Not prog related, but...
"Open sesame". Open, says-a-me.
Never got that. Not until tonight when it was made obvious by an eleven year old actor in a school performance of 'Ali Baba and the Bongo Bandits'. I feel like an idiot.

SBT

Well I just learnt something today. Guess I am a little bit less of an idiot now.  :)
New to the forum & still quite new to 2000AD, but there is a collection of comics older than me in residence.

Frank

• Bionic Fingers
  • Pretend I typed IMHO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: 20 September, 2019, 10:02:12 pm »

As pointed out by Jim Craig of the Megaverse group, Ezquerra's unusual boot holster design found favour with at least one fan:

1976      1983

Art from Bank Raid, Wagner & Ezquerra's first, unpublished Dredd strip. Image taken from the 1981 Judge Dredd Annual, which printed the story with all the spicy dialogue about Dredd being an executioner excised.

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #1203 on: Today at 12:08:28 am »

As pointed out by Jim Craig of the Megaverse group, Ezquerra's unusual boot holster design found favour with at least one fan:

1976      1983

Art from Bank Raid, Wagner & Ezquerra's first, unpublished Dredd strip. Image taken from the 1981 Judge Dredd Annual, which printed the story with all the spicy dialogue about Dredd being an executioner excised.

Boot holsters are a bit silly when you're standing up, but make sense when you're on a bike.  Or speeder bike.