Main Menu

Patrick Stewart back as Picard in new series

Started by Greg M., 05 August, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

GrudgeJohnDeed

Whaaaaat! Awesome! I wonder if it's a continuation of his time on the Enterprise, or a different genre of show where he's now a civilian. Perhaps a political drama set on the Atlantis project? An odd-couple sitcom about him and his brother trying to save the vineyard maybe

Greg M.

They killed his brother (and nephew) off in Generations, but if All Good Things... is accurate, it'll probably involve Jean-Luc doddering about the vineyard, plagued by Irumodic Syndrome.

GrudgeJohnDeed

Ahh, I'm a TNG fan but I've not seen all the Trek films. I'd watch an trippy show about Picard's space alzheimers though!

Professor Bear

This is terrible news, and to be expected from - wait, sorry, I'm just used to responding to any Star Trek news with a mixture of disappointment and resignation.  This is actually... good news?  Unless Picard is bitter and retired or something as the Star Wars/Star Trek homogenization continues.
Mildly hopeful at this news.

Mardroid

While The Next Generation May be one of my least favoured Star Trek shows (although there are storylines and and individual episodes that are conversely my favourite in all series) I liked Picard as a character, and Patrick Stewart is great! I welcome this!

The Boogie

So long as it isn't about Picard being sucked off into the Mirror Universe by deformed Klingons or accompanying a dying Ryker and a little girl on a quest for a place that only exists in a holocomic, I'll probably like this.

dweezil2

Quote from: The Boogie on 05 August, 2018, 03:01:56 PM
So long as it isn't about Picard being sucked off into the Mirror Universe by deformed Klingons.

Sounds a bit X rated, no wonder it's on a subscription service!!!!  :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

GrudgeJohnDeed

He has to stop leaving his horga'hn on display!

Richard

QuoteUnless Picard is bitter and retired or somethin
I would quite like that actually.

The Legendary Shark

He'll probably be a bored admiral forced to steal a starship for some mission none of the brass believes in or the leader of a band of unconventional archaeologists on the trail of something none of his peers believe in. Or he could be in business with Elim Garak, running a tailor's shop named Make it Sew...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Or he's Captain Picard on the Enterprise 16 years later still rollin like he do.  Considering that Discovery has had a bit of a polorising effect on fans, it would seem pointless to colour too far outside the lines on this one.

CalHab

Michael Chabon is involved as well. All the signs are good.

maryanddavid

Yaaay! Very excited about this, loved THG. There is not much TV I'd welcome back, but this is one of them.