Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Last Comic Read  (Read 6294 times)

The Adventurer

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
Re: Last Comic Read
« Reply #30 on: 26 December, 2018, 03:35:55 am »
Stellar 3 & 4

Notable Comics dropping the Week of 01-02-13

The Adventurer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 December, 2018, 03:38:21 am »
Whoops, there was suppose to be more there...

Stellar 3 & 4 by Joe Keatinge and Bret Blevins from Skybound and Image Comics. It’s pretty cool sci-fi/superhero thing, the art is great.

The Adventurer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 January, 2019, 06:44:24 pm »
Just finished, Batman White Knight. I don't read a lot of Batman comics, not a super fan of the character honestly, but I really liked Batman White Knight, I'm glad I took a chance on it. Sean Murphy's a pretty solid creator, Joe the Barbarian (w/ Morrison), and Punk Rock Jesus were pretty great series too. So its really no surprise his Batman elseworld wouldn't also be pretty impressive. I think its suppose to get a sequel at some point, featuring Azrael. So, that's something to look forward too.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 January, 2019, 09:39:56 pm »
Damnit the comics industry and its readers is such a frustrating beast. So many great stories that we see start don't get the ending they deserve. Just look at the number of 'in hiatus' comics on my pull list. The reasons are many and varied but most common is almost certianly they haven't found their audience and thus have been let slip aside, or curtailed. It does more head in. Batman gets his junk out and the market does its nut and comics fly off the shelves. Wonderful creators produce enhanting work and 80% of the time it dies on its arse.

Case in point and origin of this ill informed rant is Hinterkind. Just done a re-read and by George does that reveal this comic by our own Ian Edginton and Francesco Trifogli as the glorious epic tale it should have been. And expose it as the curtailed frustration it became. It always remains good, but it could have been great. Its a cheap and easy comparison to say its Game of Thrones meets Walking Dead meets errr something will elves and goblins but its just that, but done very well. You alas also get the sense of where corners had to be cut and idea that could have happily filled six issues where condensed into one.

Such a shame this comic deserved an audience and while it tells its tale and remains entertaining to the last it could have and should have been so much more.