Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Last game played...  (Read 161212 times)

GrudgeJohnDeed

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Last game played...
« Reply #2145 on: 18 October, 2018, 12:02:55 pm »
I've not actually finished one since Assassin's Creed 3, but I think if you're enjoying the latest AC and are thinking of trying another, the previous one Origins is probably your best bet at being the most similar. That was its triumphant return with some new ideas - a lot of people felt it was getting stale and formulaic before then, myself included!

Although those older ones are still good games in their own right, if removed from the context of being one in a long line of very similar games. They often go for very cheap too if you have an Xbox, they're all backwards compatible. Avoid AC1 like the plague though, it's prototype trash!

Link Prime

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: 18 October, 2018, 01:37:35 pm »
Avoid AC1 like the plague though, it's prototype trash!

I remember buying into the hype for Assassins Creed I, purchasing the steel box special edition, and being bitterly disappointed by the game play and jerky graphics.
I've only barely dipped my toe in the AC universe since; bought II on XBox 360 but never even played it, then bought III on PS3 but gave up after about an hour due to the shoddy controls.

Mixed reviews for the deluge of subsequent games has kept me away.

Have to say though, the comments on Odyssey below are piquing my interest.

SIP

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: 18 October, 2018, 01:41:41 pm »
Avoid AC1 like the plague though, it's prototype trash!

I remember buying into the hype for Assassins Creed I, purchasing the steel box special edition, and being bitterly disappointed by the game play and jerky graphics.
I've only barely dipped my toe in the AC universe since; bought II on XBox 360 but never even played it, then bought III on PS3 but gave up after about an hour due to the shoddy controls.

Mixed reviews for the deluge of subsequent games has kept me away.

Have to say though, the comments on Odyssey below are piquing my interest.

I really disliked the first Assassin's Creed, probably why I've avoided the series ever since.....but this really is a million miles away from that first game.

Link Prime

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: 18 October, 2018, 01:45:05 pm »
Yiz had me at the Witcher III comparison.
It's on the ol Amazon watch list - awaiting a price drop.