Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Witcher Netflix Series  (Read 8329 times)

CalHab

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher Netflix Series
« Reply #30 on: 17 January, 2020, 12:24:14 pm »
I enjoyed it as well. It doesn't take itself too seriously but there's enough going on with the characters and structure to keep it interesting. I particularly enjoyed that all bar the last two episodes had a discrete story for the Witcher himself, even while the other story threads continued on their GoT-like way.

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 January, 2020, 06:09:26 pm »
I know it's a mistake, but I'm itching to.play the games now.

I've read the books and watched the show: so the games are also calling me. I'm resisting on the basis that they'll be an enormous time sink.

I always loved Xena's sense of fun, so I find comparisons from that vector endearing.
Frank would know.

Dr Feeley Good

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 January, 2020, 11:48:07 pm »
I've been playing the game after watching the show, really enjoying it, I do imagine it's going to take me a long time, I got the game of the year one with all the dlc. But up yo now it's kept me interested and is very varied..

Magnetica

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 January, 2020, 12:04:56 pm »
Finished the first season last night.

I thought it was great.

Really enjoyed the non-linear story telling, once I had worked out that was what was going on.

Looking forward to more.

Unfortunately read a bit of a spoiler reading the character biographies on Wikipedia thinking the page was for the TV series, when it was actually for the books. 😬