Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Website subscription vs app subscription  (Read 116 times)

FredH

• Never Nude
    • View Profile
Website subscription vs app subscription
« on: 11 February, 2019, 07:13:42 am »
Hi there—

On shop.2000ad.com, a monthly digital sub for 2000AD appears to be 7.99US, but on the iPad 2000AD app it’s 9.99US.  Just wondering if there’s a reason for the difference?  Thanks.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
Re: Website subscription vs app subscription
« Reply #1 on: 11 February, 2019, 09:41:03 am »
Apple takes 20%, so Rebellion offers cheaper pricing if you go direct. To counter this somewhat, the app gives you back issues: subscribe for a month and you get a month of issues for free. Note that as far as I'm aware, however you subscribe, Rebellion offers alternate means of reading your Prog. So subscribe in-app, and you can use your Rebellion ID to sign into the website and grab DRM-free copies to read in an app of your choosing (be that Chunky on iPad, Simple Comic on a Mac, or whatever).

Molch-R

• Super Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • PR droid for 2000 AD
    • View Profile
    • 2000 AD
« Reply #2 on: 11 February, 2019, 10:14:56 am »
The main reason for the difference is that you can only use Apple's set of price tiers for products and the nearest one available for that product is £9.99. But also, yes, Apple take a big cut.

FredH

• Never Nude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 February, 2019, 12:36:12 pm »
Makes sense.  I’m finding, though, that when I try to enter my Visa debit card as a payment method — just on the site, not tied to an order yet — the system doesn’t seem to accept it; I get a message about it being declined, although there are certainly funds on it.  (That’s happened before, though when I order items via the app using the same source, there doesn’t seem to be an issue.)

Molch-R

• Super Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • PR droid for 2000 AD
    • View Profile
    • 2000 AD
« Reply #4 on: 11 February, 2019, 12:49:19 pm »
If you're having trouble with the shop, please drop a line to shop@2000adonline.com and customer service droid Ka-TEE will be more than happy to help.