Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT droid Round 1 - INJ Culbard or Simon Davis

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 November, 2020, 06:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

oof and I thought yesterdays draw was hard. Much as I love Culbard's work on Brink I think I'm going to have to give this one to Davis.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Funt Solo

Ah, but they're both so amazing...

My vote goes to Simon Davis, for the emotion.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

rogue69

Andy B

Rogue Judge

DrJomster

I'm going with the "Culbard for Brink" approach too. Davis is awesome though so this is a tough call.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Sean SD

Colin YNWA

Bubbling under this one and I'm not at all sure who will get the most votes here but if you want a hand in deciding you have today to get your votes in as I'll be counting up in the morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

I was bracing myself to have to make the call here as this one seemed closer than it was. For what its worth much as any one who knows what I think of Simon Davis and his sublime work on Sinister Dexter know I adore Simon Davis' stuff, I'd have gone for INJ. His ability to convey so much with such apparent simplicity is almost unsurpassed. Its not down to me of course and so while I'd have gone INJ I'm also happy to be able to say

Simon Davis

Is through to Round 2.

TordelBack

That really was a tough one - aside from each man's absolutely perfect grasp of using a dominant colour to convey mood or location, they could hardly be more different. Culbard is fantastic, my heart lifts whenever I see him in the prog, as Colin says he creates such complete worlds and distinctive, believable people with the precise placement of an absolute minimum of lines.

In the end I went with Davis despite almost always preferring clean line art to full painting, and despite not really rating some of his earlier work (Missionary Man, Dooomsday, BLAIR 1), simply because I think his body of work in the last 15 years has been consistently spectacular, since Stone Island he hasn't put a foot wrong for me.

And he draws the best willies, fact.

broodblik

This is one those rounds where both are such worthy winners. I cannot see that anyone except Culbard is on Brink.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.