Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: THE ORVILLE  (Read 5632 times)

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
  • "Why, Black Dynamite? WHY?"
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
Re: THE ORVILLE
« Reply #45 on: 26 November, 2017, 02:33:55 pm »
I'd guessed the twist, too (by the time of the Doctor's turn as a mental, the story options for an episodic show become severely limited), but the episode did a good job acknowledging that at this point (it reveals the twist pretty early, and in the middle of what would otherwise be a significant action scene), it wasn't a matter of what was going on but why and how.  I particularly liked the misdirection towards the storm as being significant, but thought maybe given the character arc involved, this episode maybe should have come earlier in the season.

darnmarr

• Prog Stacking Droid
  • The tell-tale tickle of tapeworm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01 December, 2017, 01:50:43 pm »
I thought Episode 11 was very good. Jokes , Sci-Fi, pacing, character arcs ,call-backs... it was quite nice.

Bolt-01

• Global Moderator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • It ain't called ZARJAZ fer nuthin'!
    • View Profile
    • FutureQuake Press
« Reply #47 on: 01 December, 2017, 03:26:35 pm »
Think this is coming to the FOX channel, so folk who watch Walking Dead or AHS will be able to watch it properly...

The Legendary Shark

• Bionic Fingers
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
    • The Sharkpool Blog
~~~^~~~~~~~

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/the_legendary_shark

Blog.

GrudgeJohnDeed

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24 August, 2019, 09:29:47 pm »
Recently binged both series of this, I really enjoyed it!! I like the characters and hopeful setting, some of the episodes have made me think and I've got a few good laughs out of it. You can tell they're really finding their identity in series 2, becoming less of a comedy and more of a straight Sci-Fi show, to the point they're ignoring opportunities for jokes.

Like when they rescue Bortus from the Orville on the bottom of the ocean, they ask him how he's survived down there and he says emergency rations - well as a Moclan I thought he should've been eating the ship! Perhaps he says nothing and looks guiltily at teeth shaped chunks missing from the control panels and bridge chairs CLASSIC BORTUS :D.

I noticed a couple of things that I'm sure were nods to Red Dwarf, would be great fun to see those guys in it or have a cross-over or something!