Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Warlord Dredd Game!  (Read 1704 times)

wedgeski

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord Dredd Game!
« Reply #15 on: 16 October, 2019, 02:55:30 pm »
Judge with respirator down. You utter bastards.
Oh yeah! Good spot.

JUDGE BURNS

• Sentient Tea Bot
  • All hail the grand master !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 October, 2019, 07:39:41 pm »
I'm new to these mini figures from warlord so my question is this,  do the mini figures come already painted or or you paint them yourself?

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 October, 2019, 08:07:43 pm »
Very much the latter, I'm afraid - there's glue involved too.  Although there are a lot of folk out there who'll paint'em first cash.

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 October, 2019, 11:36:59 am »
Then told me this was up for pre-ordering today but I can't find any evidence anywhere. Maybe I can keep my money instead.
We never really die.

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 October, 2019, 01:46:52 pm »
After 4pm, I believe. Although Warlord's communication is atrocious.

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 October, 2019, 04:23:12 pm »
Starter is up for pre-order on Warlord's site now. Looks a bit underwhelming compared to the SD starter - but I very luch like that they include rules for using Johnny & Wolf straight away. And the deluxe version of the rulebook is gorgeous!

Leigh S

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 October, 2019, 05:09:50 pm »
https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/judge-dredd/products/judge-dredd-mega-one

That's the all in option! Ooof, yet, ooooh...  I just want the citizens I see milling about in one of the photos - having innocent saps to use as cover would make playing as  gangs more fun and as Judges harder.

Dandontdare

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 October, 2019, 09:46:20 pm »
https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/judge-dredd/products/judge-dredd-mega-one

That's the all in option! Ooof, yet, ooooh...  I just want the citizens I see milling about in one of the photos - having innocent saps to use as cover would make playing as  gangs more fun and as Judges harder.

I'll see your oof and raise you an oof!

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 October, 2019, 07:20:45 am »
That's a hefty investment.
We never really die.

Leigh S

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 October, 2019, 09:27:19 am »
Yeah, it is a bit unfortunate that this is the only way to pre order all the models - it includes £50 worth of book I could live without (though does look lovely) and an extra set of the core box Gang I really have no interest in ordering, so another £20?  Reduce the price accordingly and it would come out at a more reasonable £170-180?

I saw that Warlord respnded to a request for a version without the deluxe book bytelling the person to email them - may do the same and ask for onely on set of the gang!

That's a hefty investment.

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 October, 2019, 10:08:41 am »
My thoughts are pre-order Starter from Warlord, then a Dredd/Lawmaster and Villains Pack from elsewhere, seems to get you a decent game for £100, and around 20 figures to paint. Judges and Fatties after that, I suppose.

It's a pity that the starter figures are so generic. If they'd gone with Dredd, and maybe some more memorable gang-level opponents (Gestapo Bob, Fonzo Bongo or even a cheeky not-Ma-Ma) I'do have the thing ordered already. I can see the reasoning, but still.

Leigh S

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 October, 2019, 10:53:25 am »
I quite like them generic as I can use them for Stront - what I really need are some Citizens, which I could also use as bystanders in Stront to mix things up.  Looks like I am going to have to get those GW uglies repainted soon!

Trooper McFad

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 October, 2019, 11:29:41 am »
It seems a very strange pre order launch to offer the rule books (both versions) separately but every other deal has the starter pack which has a rule book. As yet you can’t get the individual sets from Warlord. So why would you buy the separate rule book ?
Probably still buy a pack from Warlord as I want the exclusive Dredd/Death figure and their customer service was good when there was an issue with my last order.
Citizens are Perps who haven’t been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 October, 2019, 01:03:30 pm »
I suppose if you have a ton of Mongoose/GW Dredd you might just want the rules and tokens, which are also separate (the Stront ones are the same, but different colour - glad to get two more colours to allow more than two player!)

Might fire off an email to them - too early in the month (and too little overtime this month!) to put in an order anyhows, sadly, and if they could offer a sub £200 deal that just gets me all the minis but no duplicates and the standard rule book ....

Leigh S

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 October, 2019, 01:04:45 pm »
that said, I could also paint up and ebay the duplicate gang with the standard rule book?  hmmm