Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 500 Days of Slimmer - and Some Other Crap Too...  (Read 942 times)

Buttonman

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: 500 Days of Slimmer - and Some Other Crap Too...
« Reply #15 on: 01 December, 2019, 10:30:14 am »
Just a brief update (hoo-ray) for the first 1st of the challenge.

Lose Weight : Was 15st 8lbs this morning. That's 6lb down, so a good start. To be honest a lot of the starting figure was bloat following a Lads' weekend in Newcastle. Christmas to navigate so 4lb off in the next month would be great.

Update Blogs regularly :  I'm sure everyone already knows this one! 4 new reviews on The W Movies Blog and  5 on The Definite Article Blog.

Update the Lettersentertainyou thread for each letters publication event : There have been no letters published in this cycle. Boooo!

Average 12,500 steps a day : Have reset the totalisator and it's down to 6972 average for the last two weeks. Very poor but I have been starving myself and the weather is crappy! Best was a 17,169 day, so I will try to at least beat that in December.

Get 105 Letters Printed : - I have written in for each Prog and the Meg published in the last month.

Pass ACII : Finished 70% of the written paper of 'Insurance Practice' and have the exam part booked for 17/12/2019

Get on TV Again : Had a look but nothing much happening. Long standing applications to the usual suspects.

Bag 50 Munros in total : Parked until the Summer!

See you here in the New Year!
« Last Edit: 01 December, 2019, 10:32:09 am by Buttonman »

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 December, 2019, 11:26:29 am »
Get on TV Again : Had a look but nothing much happening.

The Ofcom blacklist in action!  Ironically it was you yourself who showed the viewing public the power of nuisance letter-writing campaigns.

Proudhuff

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • A minefield of imbeciles and chimps
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 December, 2019, 02:23:23 pm »
Bump! ;)
But everybody else is overwhelmed by indifference and the promise of an early bed

Buttonman

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 December, 2019, 08:26:31 pm »
We're on it Tom!

Proudhuff

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 December, 2019, 01:28:40 pm »
'Get on TV Again : Had a look but nothing much happening''.

Police 5? Crimewatch? Breaking the news? They appear to take anyone  :lol:
But everybody else is overwhelmed by indifference and the promise of an early bed

Buttonman

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 January, 2020, 08:09:06 pm »
Happy New Year to all followers of this glorious thread! Mum, I'll be by for my washing later.

1st of the month update.

Lose Weight : Parked for the holidays - I will be up but hopefully not to the starting point. Did over indulge somewhat but less so than usual.

Update Blogs regularly : There were, as I'm sure you are all aware, 6 additions to the W Movie Blog including the excellent Wake Wood and 8 to the Definite Article Blog including The Joker which wasn't a total cash in on a slightly better known film!

Update the Lettersentertainyou thread for each letters publication event : One letters page this month with one fine Letterentertainyou released. 350 reads! And only most of them were me.

Average 12,500 steps a day : A bit down with 9254 but not bad for a busy month with crappy weather.

Get 105 Letters Printed : - I have written in a couple of times so hopefully the birds in the air will bring home number 100. And 101...

Pass ACII : SUCCESS or Progress, at any rate. I didn't manage to get a pass at 'Claims Practice'. Got a Distinction instead! Go me! Now onto Advanced Claims - 3 subjects to go with 9 papers in total.

Get on TV Again : SUCCESS! And I wasn't even trying! The screen grab below is a snap from the opening of 'Quizmaster' on ITV1. They used my Grand Final 15-1 appearance to profile Alisa who was on the show and who managed to beat me by only a modest 50 odd points.

Bag 50 Munros in total : Parked until the Summer!

See you in the dark days of early February!
« Last Edit: 01 January, 2020, 08:11:23 pm by Buttonman »

Fungus

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 January, 2020, 02:50:34 pm »
Just noticed this thread — laudable!

The weight one, yup. I’ll treat this as a mini-spur to sort myself out too. Belly-wheels might be the height of fashion but I think that may be down to Ron Smith, he just makes everything look good  :) I’m adjusting myself to a new FitBit and it’s now or never...

Anyway, one thing I do know is that if I don’t set targets, things... drift. So seeing as it’s Jan 2nd I’ll have another go. Cheers! Main goals are comics (read/organise) and art stuff but you won’t find details on a public forum  :-X

Insurance exams?! I’ve been studiously avoiding tax and contractual nonsense recently, this place used to be a sanctuary from the Real World. Shame!!!

Proudhuff

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 January, 2020, 06:12:41 pm »
Well done Buttman, just what we need a more pedantic insurance clerk.... :lol:

Fungus, best thing to do is announce targets to the world... embarrassment is a great motivator

Eamonn Clarke

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
    • Mega City Book Club
« Reply #23 on: 18 January, 2020, 01:40:39 pm »
100 not out!
The Paisley boy hits the ton in prog 2165

Buttonman

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 January, 2020, 02:34:32 pm »

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20 January, 2020, 11:47:55 pm »
So for me it was a realisation that I could use the Fitbit for more than just steps and measuring my resting, wanking and shifting heart beat rate (all remarkably close).

I started putting my food into it and took up running and that all added up to help me lose a fair bit of weight. I never went on a diet as such, just portion control and cut back on what was obviously extra crap. A month off the booze helped kick start it all.

I now use Myfitnesspal for putting food in (it will synch with fitbit app) as it has a better database.

Good luck to all trying to make themselves healthier!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Fungus

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 January, 2020, 12:43:22 am »
Good tips Tips.