Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2020

Started by Bolt-01, 23 January, 2020, 02:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 28 January, 2020, 11:30:27 AM
I went through booking.com but I think that pretty much anywhere in Harrogate is within walking distance of the gig.

I've booked at the St George, just across the road.

Cheers Bolt, never been to Harrogate,  but half an hour from York sounds doable.

I'll take my own spoon  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

And I'm in!  :D
have booked a hotel and will shortly get my ticket. Will bring a chum, so may not be available for all spoon twisting related activities...
DDT did a job on me

Large48

Silly question, but does anyone if this is still likely to be on?

Especially considering the Nightingale hospital is in there at the moment....
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

MacabreMagpie

Quote from: Large48 on 09 May, 2020, 04:48:45 PM
Silly question, but does anyone if this is still likely to be on?

Especially considering the Nightingale hospital is in there at the moment....

They sent an email out to exhibitors a few weeks ago saying the plan is still for it to go ahead but, if not, they have an alternative plan in place that will involve rescheduling.

Personally, I'll be surprised if it goes ahead. It will probably be able to by then but I'm not sure how many people would be willing to go to an event that size come November.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: MacabreMagpie on 11 May, 2020, 07:47:29 AM
Personally, I'll be surprised if it goes ahead. It will probably be able to by then but I'm not sure how many people would be willing to go to an event that size come November.

I certainly have no intention of going to any event involving a large number of people in a confined space for the rest of the year.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

pauljholden

Aren't they doing something online now? Unbelievably I'm attached to a con that's convinced it'll still be happening in September. I have some very serious doubts. (Even though con looks amazing)

Proudhuff

Just ask Boris, I'm sure he'll have thought it through....
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Quote from: pauljholden on 11 May, 2020, 06:04:20 PM
Aren't they doing something online now? Unbelievably I'm attached to a con that's convinced it'll still be happening in September. I have some very serious doubts. (Even though con looks amazing)

Are they really convinced it'll be happening, or do they have to say that otherwise they'll lose their insurance cover?  I know in some countries if they cancel it themselves then all liabilities are theirs but if the government causes it to be cancelled then they don't go bankrupt.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 May, 2020, 05:19:06 PM
Just ask Boris, I'm sure he'll have thought it through....

Well look he's sorted out tennis, golf and fishing already for us, we'll just have to wait patiently until 'being a nerd' gets to the top of his to do list. Its a long list and will probably have to take its place below philandering and illegal arms deals to Saudi Arabi...

QuoteTyrone, you know how much I love watching you work. But I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped.

james newell

apart for Thought Bubble, would the art & pitch comp go ahead???

Bolt-01

Well miffed this morning here in FQP con-apts. The hotel I'd booked for myself and Nano-bolt has up and cancelled the weekend. Leaving me wondering whether or not to book at another venue.

MacabreMagpie

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 June, 2020, 08:21:57 AM
Well miffed this morning here in FQP con-apts. The hotel I'd booked for myself and Nano-bolt has up and cancelled the weekend. Leaving me wondering whether or not to book at another venue.

Im sort of hoping my hotel does the same as its non-refundable if I cancel it... 😂

Yeah, from talking to other creators I'm sure sure how many people will be comfortable attending. I don't expect I'll be there, though still have a few months to cancel my table so can wait and see how things go

Colin YNWA

You'd suspect if it did go ahead it would be a very changed event - though who knows with the government determined to get the economy going?

Heck by November we may even have a contact tracker up and running... maybe...

Bolt-01

Bloody bloody bloody hell.

https://www.thoughtbubblefestival.com/announcement

I'm not surprised, but I am genuinely saddened by this - 2020 just got that bit worse.

Colin YNWA

Its not much of a surprise alas. Has this just been annouced as I didn't notice it when I pottered across this morning off the back of your post?