Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OT: Powerman by Dave Gibbons & Brian Bolland  (Read 323 times)

Richard S.

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
OT: Powerman by Dave Gibbons & Brian Bolland
« on: 02 February, 2020, 08:04:11 am »
Anyone out there collect 'Powerman' comic? It features pages and pages of Dave Gibbons, Brian Bolland, Carlos Ezquerra work - only problem was you have to a be a kid in Nigerian in the '70s to read it (at least until they started selling some copies in the UK).

If you can help me fill in any gaps in my image gallery then that's be ace, currently I have covers for about 13 covers and I'm expecting to fill in a few more gaps before next weekend but there's till plenty of issues I don't have any details of...
https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2020/02/powerman-21-cover-by-brian-bolland.html

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Powerman by Dave Gibbons & Brian Bolland
« Reply #1 on: 02 February, 2020, 10:27:57 am »
Great work, Richard. I was bordering on obsessed with Powerman after that article, and another in (I think) Speakeasy, but I never got hold of a single copy. I did base a Golden Heroes RPG character on him, though!

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 February, 2020, 11:46:27 am »
Wow thanks for that. I've been aware of 'Powerman' since the Eclipse reprint series back in the day, but remember flickign through a copy and deciding to pass for whatever reason.

Having nosed at the blog I now wish I could get my hands on the original anthology as that looks very interesting. Alas I suspect I'm to lazy these days but at least that blog gets me closer.

I did base a Golden Heroes RPG character on him, though!

Where's that Superhero RPG thread we never made. I think I very briefly dabbled with Golden Heroes (and the Mayfair DC rpg) before I released nothing would top the Universal Table in  TSR's Marvel Superheroes RPG. Man that takes me back!

Rately

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 February, 2020, 11:48:17 am »
Never ever heard of this before, Richard.

Fascinating and thrilling to see "new" work by Ezquerra, Bolland and Gibbons.

Looking forward to having a proper perusal when time allows. Thanks so much for sharing.

karlos

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 February, 2020, 12:53:59 pm »

Richard S.

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 February, 2020, 06:24:13 am »
I've added covers to another 7 issues this week - check 'em out here...
http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2020/02/powerman-30-cover-by-brian-bolland.html