Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: mentions of 2000AD in the outside world  (Read 2091 times)

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
Re: mentions of 2000AD in the outside world
« Reply #15 on: 20 June, 2020, 12:00:09 PM »
"...the WHO is more like Miss Marple."

If only.

Leigh S

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 July, 2020, 09:42:22 PM »
Have just been forced to watch "The Dirt" (DEATH TO FALSE METAL!) and in an early scene showing a young Nikki Sixx, he is wearing the classic Titan Judge Death/Judge Mortis  "You have been judged..." T-shirt!  Sadly the scene in question is set in 1978 so the entire film was runed for me without me even ahving to bring my hatred for the Crue into the equation, much to the annoyance of my wife, who did not appreciate me pointing out the anachronistic T shirt and the many and various reasons this was ALL WRONG.... it was like "Almost Famous" and Joni Mitchell's Blue / Cortez the Killer all over again.....

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #17 on: 06 July, 2020, 09:33:54 AM »
Have just been forced to watch "The Dirt" (DEATH TO FALSE METAL!) and in an early scene showing a young Nikki Sixx, he is wearing the classic Titan Judge Death/Judge Mortis  "You have been judged..." T-shirt!  Sadly the scene in question is set in 1978 so the entire film was runed for me without me even ahving to bring my hatred for the Crue into the equation, much to the annoyance of my wife, who did not appreciate me pointing out the anachronistic T shirt and the many and various reasons this was ALL WRONG.... it was like "Almost Famous" and Joni Mitchell's Blue / Cortez the Killer all over again.....

If you're talking about anachronisms, shouldn't that be Mötley Crüe? :P

Trooper McFad

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 July, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »
Working from home and Big Bang on in the back ground and I look up and there on cue a scene in the comic book store and on the shelf a full cover shot of Batman V Dredd - Vendetta in Gotham.
Citizens are Perps who haven’t been caught ... yet!

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #19 on: 22 July, 2020, 12:29:06 PM »
Working from home and Big Bang on in the back ground and I look up and there on cue a scene in the comic book store and on the shelf a full cover shot of Batman V Dredd - Vendetta in Gotham.

Big Bang as in Big Bang Theory?

Trooper McFad

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 July, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »
Yes Big Bang Theory
Citizens are Perps who haven’t been caught ... yet!