Main Menu

USB Bluetooth Wifi Adapter

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 23 June, 2020, 04:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

A friend bought me this USB Bluetooth Wifi Adapter Dual Band 2.4G 5.8G 600Mbps Support Windows7/8/10
Description:

- Dual band allows you to switch between and 5.8GHz channels.
- Plug in the computer to install automatically, no need drive.
- 2DBI high gain antenna with strong signal.
- Bluetooth driver support system: Windows 7/8/8.1/10, network card driver support system: Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
- Compact design that fits your computer's USB port, which is ideal for traveling or working.

to help me get a signal & regain my internet.

I downloaded the drivers and then the PC was supposed to re start before it can be set up .

Well I got no prompt for the computer to re start.

I re started my laptop anyway and the program still didn't trigger. So it's just sitting in my USb slot winking one & off and doing nothing. Any advice?

Bolt-01

Doesn't this need to be configured to work with whatever internet you are using?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 23 June, 2020, 09:39:05 AM
Doesn't this need to be configured to work with whatever internet you are using?

Yes... I'm not quite sure what this gizmo is supposed to be doing. Does the laptop not have the ability to connect to wifi on its own? If not, you could certainly stick a wifi module into a USB port, but I'm not sure where the Bluetooth comes into it...

If it's a plug-and-play wifi module, then you should just be able to see your home wifi network without any further configuration and log on as usual — the description you posted says it doesn't need any driver installation on the part of the user.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Key question: is this an attempt to improve connection to your existing home-or-public WiFi setup, or is it something else?

If the former,  you'll  probably need to go into Internet/Connection Settings and select the new device instead of whatever internal receiver you have been using until now. If it's the device that comes up on Amazon when you google your description,  and you are using Windows 7-10 it shouldn't need any additional drivers to be installed,  unless you want to connect Bluetooth headphones,  keyboard etc.

Just to be clear,  it's not going to give you an internet connection if you don't already have one available.

The Doctor Alt 8

Well I have a windows 10 operating system. it was an attempt to strengthen receipt of the signal ( from the local BT wi fi hotspot. ) I have purchased a Antenna Aerial 2.4Ghz Yagi 17dBi WLAN WIFI RP-SMA Wireless BT Openzone Booster previously and the vendor said that I would need the USB Bluetooth Wifi Adapter in order to connect it to the laptop.

It seems from the instructions that in order to  go into Internet/Connection Settings and select the new device instead  then the programme (Which has been downloaded)needs to re start so you can then do the reconfigering required. But the prompt to re start didn't come. Hence my cry for help. (And the instt=uctions made it seem so simple.)