Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 2 - Carlos Ezquerra or Steve Dillon

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 January, 2021, 06:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

Carlos Ezquerra gets my vote of course.

Dillon is also great - I actually enjoy Dillon's work more in 2000AD than his time at Marvel/Vertigo etc. His work for Tharg seems more detailed and fuller.

Bolt-01

Carlos.

Though as has been said many times before, Steve Dillon got to draw some astounding pages and is still missed.

Andrew_J

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Funt Solo

I love the work of both of these artists, and they both brought something different to the table. They're equally such a strong part of my childhood and both key reasons why my love of comics became so strong that it's been a lifetime passion.

I can't say one is better than the other - all I can do is take my hat off to them.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Sean SD

Lorenzo

How do you compare Botticelli with Van Gogh?
I love both of these artists. Without Carlos there would be no Dredd, but as a teenager I copied Steve's work and style endlessly. I loved it. I love it still. I can't have Steve Dillon getting no votes:

Steve Dillon

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Well this came quick, but we're at the point when its time to call time on this one. I'll count up in the morning.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Voting closed

Will anyone be able to stop the Carlos wagon? If a talent like Steve Dillon give loads of deserved praise can't take any votes off 'The King' who can? This was was pretty count and dry from the start and its little surprise to say

Carlos Ezquerra

is through to the Quarter Finals.

broodblik

A request Colin can you at least try to get my favourite artists more in the semis rather than the first rounds
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 14 January, 2021, 07:01:05 AM
A request Colin can you at least try to get my favourite artists more in the semis rather than the first rounds

Yeah send me that list and I'll sort that out.

Its weird the vote you run recently just showed how wonderfully diverse the list if favs is. I just always kinda assume everyone loves say Henry F over all others - but that vote, though he came top - showed just how varied this all is.

Art huh!