Main Menu

Kill Dredd!

Started by beta, 21 May, 2003, 12:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generally Contrary

++hands up who enjoys 2000ad for its gritty realism....oh, thats nobody then is it?++

Whoh, hold your horses there boy!  Gritty realism, perhaps not.  But then gritty realism I experience everyday and wish that it were only fiction.

However, I do read 2000AD for the same reason I started reading it - the stories are, in general, quite intelligent and, rather than the directive moral message of many American books (in the past) the messages in 2000AD are often ambigious and ask the reader the moral/ethical/social questions.  This is what the best of the 'Vertigo wave' brought to American comics.  The worst (most) simply brought a 'mature readers' tag.

I'm happy with Dredd staying on the street as long as the comic doesn't go 'dumb' to allow it.

Bart Oliver

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Buddy

Perry Masion.. pith....

Columbo is the ONLY tv Tec you need.

Here endeth the lesson.

Bart Oliver

Sure, Columbo also rocks-

No other t.v. detective concludes every crime scene investigation with the words:

"Well, y'see, it was when I got talkin' to Mrs. Columbo the other day that.." etc.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Spaceghost

generally: that's what i meant, kinda. I don't think there's any point tackling Dredds age just because he's meant to be getting on a bit, only if it serves to produce some new and excellent storylines. It's a bit like film characters going to the toilet? It doesn't advance the plot and ideas. except in carry on films, Austin Powers and certain underground German "art" films.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

moly

trouble is if you get rid of dredd is that it is the only consistent strip get rid of it and must of you who kept going through the lean years (most of the 90) would'nt be here now