Main Menu

UMDT - BONUS Round Johnny Alpha vs Joe Dredd

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 October, 2020, 07:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Ultimate MAYBE Dredd Tourney Bonus Round.

Go on then lets do it. Johnny Alpha has earnt this and maybe, just maybe can provide the shock of the century after all he is an incredible popular character. So while we prepare the FADT (Favourite Art Droid Tourney) let's have a bit of fun and see whose our favourite between:

Johnny Alpha (Strontium Dog) - more info

OR

Judge Joe Dredd (Judge Dredd) - more info

Leave the name of the character you like most in a reply to this thread and I'll count up and call the winner early in the morning Thursday 15th OCTOBER.

'Rules' and what not, for what they are worth

It'll probably end up all

But it'll be a bit of fun huh.

Greg M.

Who the hell's gonna mess with Johnny Alpha? Judge Dredd, of course.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

maryanddavid

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

For the sheer amount of work and development shown in turning what could have been the most one dimensional character in comics into someone far, far deeper than nearly all of them- Judge Joe Dredd.

SBT

Bolt-01

ming

Has to be Dredd, really.  The variety and breadth of storytelling allowed by Dredd (and by extension, MC-1 and beyond) is staggering, so there's really no competition here.  Alpha's GREAT but he's no Joe Dredd.

Link Prime

Peak Alpha tales are better than weak Dredd tales.

But peak Dredd tales are unbeatable.

Magnetica

Dredd's world enables far more breath of story telling than any other in 2000AD. I don't think anything else could possibly support a tale every week for 43 years.

But as far as I am aware the rules of the tourney are who is the best character, not which is the best strip.

So on that basis my vote goes to Alpha.

AlexF

rogue69

Leigh S

As has been pointed out, if this is about character, not setting or story, then Johnny Alpha all the way

Colin YNWA

Oh in all my excitment about what's next I forgot that we still have this one going and I'll be closing up voting first thing in the morning. So if you want to stop Johnny taking a beating get your votes in...

... NOW!!!!