Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 1 - Mark Harrison or Boo Cook

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 November, 2020, 06:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Boo for covers, Harrison for interiors, Harrison gets the votes.

Andy B

Interesting match-up, both with strange and unique styles. Mark Harrison for me: he just keeps getting better.

Sean SD

AlexF

A decade ago, I'd have been Cook without a hesitation. But Harrison's current style is just the bees knees. But then, Boo Cook has and still has that thing where it's like looking a t my friend's doodles o the margins of his school book only they come to life and he's invented all-new colours that aren't real, and the energy just leaps out and grabs you. I think his version of Tharg might be my favourite, just for that.

Overall body of work, I dunno. Harrison is more consistent, and when it works it REALLY works.
Harrison, by a hair.

When are the easy choices coming?

Colin YNWA

Think there is a clear leader here but both talents are pulling in votes for good reason so if you've not yet voted here get your votes in today and I'll count up tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dandontdare

An easy choice this. Whilst not doubting his skill, I've never enjoyed Boo Cook's style, all those thin scratchy lines, overcrowded panels and pastel colours. Harrison all the way on this one.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED - keep chatting though.

Surprised how one sided this one is as both artists are very popular. I guess this will be like so many the numbers migth stack up one way or another but people's individual decisions will be tough and tight.

That said since The Out has reminded us just how good he can be so recently I really shouldn't be surprised this one when conclusively to

Mark Harrison

PsychoGoatee

BPP

Harrison again.

Love boo's unique style and colour palette tho.

Tough comp.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd