Main Menu

May 2007 Previews solicitations...

Started by Grant Goggans, 22 February, 2007, 11:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Here's what has been solicited for May '07 in the brand-new issue of Previews...

REBELLION

INVASION GN
by Mills, Finley-Day, Flynn & Lowder, Blasco, Sarompas, Wright, Dorey, Pino,
Bradbury & Various
Britain 1999 AD: A nation under the heel of the brutal Volgan republic! But one man ainâ??t beaten: London lorry driver Bill Savage. Armed only with his trusty 'shooterâ??, Savage fights on â?? a one-man-army versus the might of the Volgan war machine! (C: 0-1-2)
SC, 272pgs, B&W   SRP: $28.99

JUDGE DREDD: THE COMPLETE CASE FILES VOLUME 8 TP
by John Wagner & Alan Grant, & Various
If thereâ??s one name that all perps fear itâ??s Judge Dredd! He is the law in Mega-City One,
dispensing instance justice and busting heads! In Volume 8 of this best-selling collection
Dredd faces some of his toughest cases yet in such classic stories as â??City of the Damnedâ?? and â??Dredd Angel. Illustrated by Steve Dillon, Ron Smith, Cam Kennedy, Ian Gibson, Brett Ewins, Cliff Robinson and others! (C: 0-1-2)
SC, 336pgs, B&W   SRP: $29.99

2000AD PROGS 1535-1539
by Various
Britain's award-winning SF weekly continues to stand at the cutting edge of graphic entertainment as it celebrates 30 years of Thrill-power! Future lawman Judge Dredd cleans up the Cursed Earth mutant facilities, courtesy of John Wagner (A History of
Violence) and Colin MacNeil (America); Nikolai Dante investigates the mythical Beast of
Rudinshtein, by Robbie Morrison (The Authority) and John Burns; Detonator X takes out the alien trash, by Ian Edginton (Scarlet Traces) and Steve Yeowell (The Invisibles); and new story Greysuit begins, by Pat Mills (Charley's War) and John Higgins (Thunderbolt
Jaxon), as secret agent John Blake starts to question the agenda of his establishment masters! (C: 0-1-2)
#1535 - 1539â??Magazine, 32pgs, PC SRP: $4.10

JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #259
by Various
Plunge into the crime-ridden world of zero-tolerance lawman Judge Dredd! Psi-Judge Cassandra Anderson must uncover the truth behind the city-smashing mekanoids in "Big Robots" by Alan Grant (Lobo) and Dave Taylor; Dredd descends into the underworld in "Blood of Satanus III: The Tenth Circle," by Pat Mills and John Hicklenton; and the dreaded Angel Gang is after a valuable Cursed Earth treasure in "Before They Wuz Dead" by Simon Spurrier (Gutsville) and Steve Roberts. (C: 0-1-2) Magazine, 64pgs, PC   SRP: $7.50

also of interest...

TITAN PUBLISHING

JAMES BOND: DEATH WING TP
by Fleming, Lawrence, & Horak
Stand by for more adventures with the worldâ??s greatest secret agent in Death Wing as 007 heads to Mexico, teams up with fellow agent, Suzi Kew, and fends off international drug dealers! This new edition also includes "When the Wizard Awakes" and "Sea Dragon"
neither of which have been seen in the U.S. before! Plus, a new introduction by Bond girl
Madeline Smith (Live and Let Die) and exclusive feature material! (C: 0-1-2)
SC, 9x12, 104pgs, B&W   SRP: $16.95

I, Cosh

I've been missing these posts. What's happening in Progs 1530-34? And what's the mysterious fifth story going to be in those Progs?

On a vaguely realated note, that Ambush Bug (whoever he is) continues his one man crusade to pimp the 2000AD TPBs to AICN readers.

Link: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31650#11" target="_blank">Nemesis & Xtnct

We never really die.

Bolt-01

Whoa! Whoa! Angel gang strip by Spurrier and Roberts? WTF!! Where did that one come from? (I know, Spurrier's mind...sigh...)

Sounds cool and I'll be glad to see the start of Greysuit and big robots too.

Bolt-01

ukdane

as secret agent John Blake

That was my grandfather's name. What's more, he was OHMSS.

Pat Mills, who's copying who now ;-)
Cheers

-Daney

IndigoPrime

:: Ambush Bug (whoever he is) continues his one man
:: crusade to pimp the 2000AD TPBs to AICN readers

Whoever he is, he's extremely polite via email and enthusiastic about 2000 AD. When I contacted him for permission to reprint some of his words on the 2000 AD Books site, he appeared genuinely excited about 2000 AD stuff and said he'd be reviewing as much as he could get his hands on.

JOE SOAP

So Dredd's helping to reform the Cursed Earth now, who'd have thunk it?

The Monarch

Not mentioned in the previews but that dredd story is called Mutants in mega city one which when I first found out about it I had a bit of a chuckle.

JOE SOAP

***On a vaguely realated note, that Ambush Bug (whoever he is) continues his one man crusade to pimp the 2000AD TPBs to AICN readers.***

What an innocuous review of the Nemesis collection, it doesn't relate any of the brilliance or originality of the stories. The fact that any tooth books get a mention on AICN is a miracle.