Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

I bet Mr. Flint can draw the post tactful pair of grafitied hairy ball's.

Link Prime

Quote from: Fatboydale on 03 June, 2013, 11:55:20 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 03 June, 2013, 10:47:21 PM
I may have had a peek behind the curtain.  :-X

Prepare yourselves younglings...

Smoke screen .....it's not the grail ...honest link prime

Jesus, well if what you showed me isn't, then what is??!?

PS- great Flint page there Simeon, I'm awaiting my own very first Flint page from Wake  meself....can't wait to get it!

Skullmo

Grrrr what did he show you!!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Call-Me-Kenneth

Come on Dale, don't leave us in suspense!! :P

hippynumber1

This had better be good after this build up...

ming

Long ago, Dale mastered the important skill of how to keep a bunch of idiots in suspense...  :lol:

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 June, 2013, 10:44:35 PM
PS- great Flint page there Simeon, I'm awaiting my own very first Flint page from Wake  meself....can't wait to get it!

Look forward to seeing that, Link.

I recently described Wake to my wife as "my dealer". She then commented that, indeed, comic art collectors seemed to have certain parallels to those who indulge in recreational substance abuse.

Surely not....  :lol:

Mikey

My first original art purchase in quite a while:

Blinkin love it! I thought it looked great in the prog all beautifully coloured but I think it's actually better in monochrome. Back of the page has the sketched page layout too, so might consider a peek-a-boo frame.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Sideshow Bob

Just thought I'd share this with you all....My recently arrived Mongrol commission from the amazing Bob Molesworth..

Marchs' Art competition here, produced a fantastic version of Mongrol by Bob Molesworth......a very worthy winner in what was a tremendous month, with some really great entries.......
I really liked this,  so got in touch with Bob ( via this forum ) to see if I could buy it, not realising it was 'digital'......After some discussion, Bob agreed to do me a hand painted commissioned piece based on the original line drawing he used for his competition entry....

And this is the result !!! ......
I'm absolutely delighted with this, as I'd been searching for a while for a Mongrol piece of artwork but they are very hard to find....What a really great guy to deal with and a phenomenal artist to boot !!!

I've included a link,  I hope,  to my comicartfans site where you can see the various stages it went through before becoming the completed piece....and showing a bit more detail.....as I've not quite got the hang of posting decent sized images here yet...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1020502#

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Dr Feeley Good

Will be putting a couple of covers on ebay in the next couple of weeks. ..will keep you posted ! My full Boba Fett suit won't pay for itself !!

Spikes

Ive found that when it comes to being a bit of a genius, the people in question usually have a surname that starts with Mc.

Hawkmumbler

I hate all you chaps who have the money to afford these wonders on paper. I really hate your wallet.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Judge Jack on 05 June, 2013, 04:36:07 PM
Ive found that when it comes to being a bit of a genius, the people in question usually have a surname that starts with Mc.

Ooooooooooo...  :D

Skullmo

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 05 June, 2013, 11:58:09 AM
Just thought I'd share this with you all....My recently arrived Mongrol commission from the amazing Bob Molesworth..

Marchs' Art competition here, produced a fantastic version of Mongrol by Bob Molesworth......a very worthy winner in what was a tremendous month, with some really great entries.......
I really liked this,  so got in touch with Bob ( via this forum ) to see if I could buy it, not realising it was 'digital'......After some discussion, Bob agreed to do me a hand painted commissioned piece based on the original line drawing he used for his competition entry....

And this is the result !!! ......
I'm absolutely delighted with this, as I'd been searching for a while for a Mongrol piece of artwork but they are very hard to find....What a really great guy to deal with and a phenomenal artist to boot !!!

I've included a link,  I hope,  to my comicartfans site where you can see the various stages it went through before becoming the completed piece....and showing a bit more detail.....as I've not quite got the hang of posting decent sized images here yet...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1020502#

Cheers

That is a brilliant piece! I love his art!

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 05 June, 2013, 04:36:07 PM

Ronald McDonald?