Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Skullmo on 10 June, 2013, 11:11:00 AM
Where is this Dale Grail then?

First he gets us all addicted, then he keeps us waiting. He's EVIL, i tell's ya!  ;)

And great to hear youve a Sky Chariots page, SKD.   :thumbsup:
Doubley looking forward to seeing it!

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Judge Jack on 10 June, 2013, 04:25:16 PM

First he gets us all addicted, then he keeps us waiting. He's EVIL, i tell's ya!  ;)

Blimey - I'm NEVER negotiating with him on price again <gulp>  :D

Fatboydale

Quote from: Judge Jack on 10 June, 2013, 04:25:16 PM

oh that's just plain mean , that's photo shopped , i'm not that good looking ...

All will be shown soon ... got to get another camera due to me breaking the lens with my prettyy face ...

SKD

When I bought my page I had a difficult choice to make, either the Slaine page or a Dredd page from the Judge Minty story. I intended to go back and buy the Dredd page, but then life took one of those unexpected turns and through the mist of depression I pissed all my money up the wall. Still, you've got to laugh. :D At the end of the day I think I made the right decision on the page, and there is no point in having regrets on the things we could have had. Be they pages or anything else. ;)

The Chris de Burgh records are still up for grabs if anybody is interested.... i'm starting to get a desire to buy some original art.

Cheers guys.

Stew. 

Call-Me-Kenneth

My bro posted this up on comic art fans last night, so I may as well post it up on here!

I'm over the moon to have a Bisley cover from the 2000ad stable (from this period).
I only own 4 issues of Crisis (3 of those are the ones with  Biz covers!)

The strange the about this picture is how different it looks under different lights and times of day.

The scan on CAF is probably closer to it's actual state: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1022187&GSub=135095

Link Prime

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

sheldipez

Quote from: Judge Jack on 07 June, 2013, 12:46:42 PM
Dredd by his Daddy

I wish Ezquerra stuck with B&W; colour saps the soul out of his work. Is it just me that thinks something gets lost with his work? Usually I appreciate both inks/ coloured but I constantly find myself thinking "this would look so much better in B&W" with his material.

Simon Beigh

The first of my new arrivals...

I was VERY happy to bag this recent Paul Marshall Meg cover. I'll upload the rest when I get a chance, hopefully in a better definition...

hippynumber1

Gruddamnyou! I asked Paul to sell me this six months ago and he said 'No'!  :(

Simon Beigh

If it's any condolence, Mark, it took a big offer to get Paul to part with it. My two other purchases from Paul were actually inspired by my jealousy of your Bolland piece. They are from the same Meg.

I'll try to get them scanned ASAP - but I fear I may incur further displeasure from your good self... :-[

opaque

Quote from: sheldipez on 13 June, 2013, 11:33:51 AM
I wish Ezquerra stuck with B&W; colour saps the soul out of his work. Is it just me that thinks something gets lost with his work? Usually I appreciate both inks/ coloured but I constantly find myself thinking "this would look so much better in B&W" with his material.

I think it depends on the story. With the current Cadet Anderson I'd agree with you.
I guess it can be very hard to just go BW these days.

hippynumber1

Quote from: SimeonB on 13 June, 2013, 01:11:15 PM
If it's any condolence, Mark, it took a big offer to get Paul to part with it. My two other purchases from Paul were actually inspired by my jealousy of your Bolland piece. They are from the same Meg.

I'll try to get them scanned ASAP - but I fear I may incur further displeasure from your good self... :-[

We're done, you and I. Y'hear me! Done! :op

Simon Beigh

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 June, 2013, 01:35:43 PM

We're done, you and I. Y'hear me! Done! :op

I'd never knowingly derail anyone else's deal, and Paul never mentioned it in our correspondence, so it's still a bit  :-[ . Glad we're cool, fella  :).

Onwards...

As I said, inspired by a supreme jealousy of hippynumber1's Bolland Kleggs, I have acquired my own Klegg piece. I just love the slightly confused look on his face when he looks at his missing hand (or paw, or whatever a Klegg has!).

Link Prime

Some very nice Marshall pages there Simeon- welcome to The War of the Marshalls!!!!

And as a welcoming gift to the theater of war, check out this classic era Marshall 'Tyranny Rex' page that just fell through my letterbox.
I think I'm literally going to spend the rest of the day looking at it. His best work IMHO (excluding 'Firekind' of course).