Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Quote from: SimeonB on 16 July, 2013, 08:03:34 PM

It's not all £500 pieces, Dan, there are quite a number of pieces around the £25 to £50 mark. Hippynumber1 is selling some John Cooper on eBay for £2 + P&P! The trouble is, once you start, it's pretty difficult to stop :D

And private deals are always welcome!  ;)

Fatboydale

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 16 July, 2013, 08:15:43 PM

It's not all £500 pieces, Dan, there are quite a number of pieces around the £25 to £50 mark. Hippynumber1 is selling some John Cooper on eBay for £2 + P&P! The trouble is, once you start, it's pretty difficult to stop :D

Oi ....stop nicking my motto ....lol

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 July, 2013, 12:46:49 PM
at last I can contribute to this thread! There's no way I could afford to be a collector, so the only page of original art I own is a rather nice Elson Dredd from the Hi-Ex charity auction - pic on old thread here: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,35598.msg666884.html#msg666884

A very nice piece DDD.....
As SimeonB says it's not all about £500+ pieces.....It's about what each piece means to you and there is a lot of very good artwork out there at very reasonable prices.....Only thing about collecting artwork, and its' been said on here before.... ( Stay focused on what you like )......It's easy to get distracted..
Check out Hippynumber1's ebay stuff by John Cooper....some very nice pieces there and very reasonable as well......
And just to show you what you can get ( Thanks to SimeonB again, for alerting me to this )....I got this wonderful Henry Flint    Mongrol sketch for £14...!!.....And I love it.....
I am planning to get this framed together with my Bob Molesworth Mongrol commission ( both in one frame ) so there'll be a B/W and a colour side by side.....
Cheers

" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

Quote from: Fatboydale on 16 July, 2013, 08:39:52 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 16 July, 2013, 08:15:43 PM

Oi ....stop nicking my motto ....lol

It was a 'loving homage'!  :lol:

Dandontdare

Nah, I've seen how it starts - First it's £20 sketches, and then before you know it you're a kidney-less obsessive selling your children for original Bolland covers! 

Just say no, kids!

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 July, 2013, 09:03:37 PM
selling your children for original Bolland covers! 

Can you do that !! ??.............Coz there is a Bolland cover I really fancy !!............. :lol:
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Fatboydale

A sweet story by Paul Marshall ...up for trade

Simon Beigh

Nah, I've seen how it starts - First it's £20 sketches, and then before you know it you're a kidney-less obsessive selling your children for original Bolland covers! 

Just say no, kids!

Go on, Dan... Just a little John Cooper.... It won't hurt... You can stop anytime  :lol:

Meh - kidneys... Dale owns at least two of mine  :D

Skullmo

The NHS is there as a safety net for those that are into original art!
It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Quote from: SimeonB on 16 July, 2013, 10:07:50 PM

Just say no, kids!

Go on, Dan... Just a little John Cooper.... It won't hurt... You can stop anytime  :lol:

You know you're not on commission, don't you!

hippynumber1

Pete Milligan and Jeff Anderson present: 'The Long Sleep'

ming

That's quite nice, Mark... :)  I saw it on eBay and despite being a teeny tiny bit tempted (mainly 'cos I'm a sucker for the Future Shocks logo) I skipped it.  Nice to see it found a good home, anyway!

hippynumber1

Thank you. I'm a sucker for self-contained one page stories...

Skullmo

Yes, very nice! You now have a whole story!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Yes welcome to the "whole story club", Mark. Congratulations! :D