Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: SimeonB on 03 August, 2013, 07:04:39 AM
Thanks all! It's a good question about framing, Bob.  Someone has suggested to me the two sketches could be cut down and mounted together, but I am thinking of leaving them uncut on the A4 paper and mounting the side-by-side in a A3 frame.

Yes, I'm with Judge Jack on this as well SimeonB.........
Definitely don't 'cut them down'', just leave as is......They will look excellent side by side, and if getting them framed, the border around the sketch will cover up the blank space anyway....
My Henry Flint Mongrol piece had a lot of free space at top and bottom ( with the sketch book ring binding holes at top ) and when it is framed all that 'extra' is covered up by the mounting board....

Sincere Congrats again on securing a truly fabulous ( and very rare ) page and two really great sketches.......
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

You should colour them in before you frame them, I can lend you some felt tips of you want.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Yeah, you're probably right, Skullmo. That's a good thought. I'll have a think about that...

However, a little bit of DIY framing, and Mr Flint replaces Mr Smith in prime location:

Sideshow Bob

Lovely stuff, SimeonB...
Cheers...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

Quote from: SimeonB on 03 August, 2013, 11:58:22 AM
Yeah, you're probably right, Skullmo. That's a good thought. I'll have a think about that...

However, a little bit of DIY framing, and Mr Flint replaces Mr Smith in prime location:

That's a brilliant page! It looks lovely.

I do question though why you have a cap on a hook.

Simon Beigh

:lol:

Because it's signed by Lewis Hamilton and Jensen Button from when I went to Silverstone last year to watch the F1!

hippynumber1

And you're a Quantity Surveyor I believe?!  :lol:

Simon Beigh

Blimey - what is this? Through the Drokkin' Keyhole!  :lol:

No - I am a qualified Land Surveyor...

Anyone care to comment on my choice of desk lamps! :D

Skullmo

Simon Beigh

I remember when this thread used to be about Original Artwork... :)

malak brood

Pete Wells

Getting this thread back on topic... that's a nice shade of magnolia on the wall. Dulux or Crown?

malak brood

Interesting....Matt or Eggshell?

smiffy

It doesn't look magnolia to me -- more of a subtle off-white. Dulux timeless white, perhaps?

Skullmo

Seriously guys! Can we get back to art!

I love the way the page looks in the frame. Tell me, is all that great light being generated by that small lamp, or do you also have a window? If so it would be great to see some pics of it.