Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

Quote from: dark-spartan on 09 August, 2013, 09:28:28 AM

I thought I would share this one with you - its one of a couple of Siku pages I have and being framed I haven't posted it online before.  Who doens't like a sentient T-Rex's answering the door to two hit men while smoking a cigar.

I'm quite prepared to be wrong, but isn't that from the Sinister Dexter story about the film actor who received deaths threats and the boys are hired to protect him? One of the better stories...

Nice Cam Kennedy work, Iain. I particularly like the Dredd. I hadn't appreciated the body of work Cam had got through before drawing in the Prog until I read the history of Battle in my Meg Odyssey. I'd love some of his Battle pages...

Spikes

Thanks for the comments Guys - Cam's art is such a treat to see first hand. And such a great guy to deal with, as well.

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 August, 2013, 10:16:21 PM
Man this thread...where do you start?

Iain- great Cam pages, his VC's art has a solid place in my heart as you know.
Look at Ringer's dead-eyed scowl in that 1st panel- genius.

Even though the page is totally familar to me Rich, pouring over it yesterday, that panel made me chuckle. Rhys Ifans for the part of Ringer when they get round to making the film?

Quote from: SimeonB on 10 August, 2013, 07:25:28 AM
Nice Cam Kennedy work, Iain. I particularly like the Dredd. I hadn't appreciated the body of work Cam had got through before drawing in the Prog until I read the history of Battle in my Meg Odyssey. I'd love some of his Battle pages...

Why not drop him a line Simeon - i believe he has some Fighting Mann pages left.

(I may still have a more up to date list somewhere - i can pass that along to you if you'd like?)

Fatboydale

Nice Siku , Cracking Dredd by Cam ......

2000ad Art collecting is hotting up on here ...

A recent trade :

moly

hippynumber1

ming

Quote from: Fatboydale on 10 August, 2013, 06:15:14 PM
A recent trade :

Great stuff, Dale; that's a fantastic cover - I always loved that one.  Ben was crazy to let that go!

When will I have art news?  Dunno.  All quiet for now though (or at least I'm quiet ;)).

Fatboydale

Quote from: ming on 10 August, 2013, 07:02:46 PM
A recent trade :

Great stuff, Dale; that's a fantastic cover - I always loved that one.  Ben was crazy to let that go!

When will I have art news?  Dunno.  All quiet for now though (or at least I'm quiet ;)).

I have a good guess ..... ;)

ming

Quote from: Fatboydale on 10 August, 2013, 07:11:05 PM
Quote from: ming on 10 August, 2013, 07:02:46 PM
A recent trade :

I have a good guess ..... ;)

Good things come to those who wait...  And I do a lot of waiting, with a lot more ahead of me.  Will start sharing some stuff before long, I guess.  (Apologies if this is cryptic shite to most of you; all will be revealed before long).

Greg M.

Quote from: ming on 10 August, 2013, 07:16:01 PM
Apologies if this is cryptic shite to most of you; all will be revealed before long

David, I wouldn't worry - this entire thread has been relentlessly cryptic for at least the past hundred pages, with almost everyone delivering all sorts of arcane hints and clandestine references for those in the know. It's like being in a John Le Carre novel. :)

Fatboydale

Quote from: Greg M. on 10 August, 2013, 07:54:19 PM
Quote from: ming on 10 August, 2013, 07:16:01 PM
Apologies if this is cryptic shite to most of you; all will be revealed before long

David, I wouldn't worry - this entire thread has been relentlessly cryptic for at least the past hundred pages, with almost everyone delivering all sorts of arcane hints and clandestine references for those in the know. It's like being in a John Le Carre novel. :)

Personally i think your should all email me all your details for future deals .....

Only kidding .... it has come to something where were scared to talk about deals , but there is some sharks out there ....

My next search is for John Stokes and Mike Dorey artwork .... i want 2000ad issue 6 cover ... any info would be great ...

hippynumber1

Oooooh, I'd love me a Mike Dorey ABC or MACH Zero page...

Spikes

Quote from: Fatboydale on 10 August, 2013, 08:30:21 PM
it has come to something where were scared to talk about deals

Which serves to reminds me that i need to re-contact somebody soon......  ;)

But looking forward to seeing Ming's wares when they finally land. They'll deserve a thread of their own, i'd imagine.

Skullmo

I will be cryptic and tell you all that I am currently waiting to hear back on a grail piece :-)

I may cry if I cannot get it though.

IN the meantime I will be selling a few pages so that I can pay something!

I hate to sell anything but have a look in the classified section.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Fatboydale

maryanddavid

That's a find Dale, I presume the same source, (I'm Pretty sure I've figured that out:p)
Never published, it was the last Eagle comics cover. Shameless pimp, the next Comic Archive has interviews with Nick landau and Dez Skinn about the american editions of 2000ad material in the eighties, out soon.
The Rat cover is very cool, and Ming, it does deserve its own thread!