Main Menu

The Walking Dead comic shocker issue #192.

Started by Proudhuff, 05 June, 2019, 02:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

So one issue per customer and a bumper one... take it these will be our golden tickets.
DDT did a job on me

The Monarch

sold out at my shop luckily it was in my file

Dandontdare

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 July, 2019, 05:45:11 PM
A particularly cruel and unusual Tharg would offer him Defoe.

Quote from: BPP on 04 July, 2019, 07:09:41 PM
Charlie's own vampire series has just kicked off.

I look forward to his Frankenstein series in 2030

Satanist

Quote from: Proudhuff on 04 July, 2019, 09:23:09 PM
So one issue per customer and a bumper one... take it these will be our golden tickets.

After buying it all this time I was a bit pissed off that without warning it endsand is sold out and I had to get it from a scalper and then wait a week while everyone gleefully posts spoilers. Thanks a fucking bunch Kirkman.

I quite enjoyed the comic but still a shite way to handle a final issue.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

GordyM

Quote from: Satanist on 12 July, 2019, 12:43:58 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 04 July, 2019, 09:23:09 PM

After buying it all this time I was a bit pissed off that without warning it endsand is sold out and I had to get it from a scalper and then wait a week while everyone gleefully posts spoilers. Thanks a fucking bunch Kirkman.

I quite enjoyed the comic but still a shite way to handle a final issue.

Yeah, I agree that this sudden end feels like an unnecessary rug pull. "This comic that you've been reading and invested in for over a decade? It's over. Gotcha!"
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Tiplodocus

A fucking YouTube video title spoiled the surprise for me.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 22 July, 2019, 02:50:27 PM
A fucking YouTube video title spoiled the surprise for me.

The guy in FP Glasgow who had sold out spoiled it for me while telling me they sold out  >:( :lol:
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dandontdare

Charlie Adlard confirms he's done with zombies, and with long-running series in general: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-49277449

Richard

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 August, 2019, 07:55:12 PM
Charlie Adlard confirms he's done with zombies, and with long-running series in general: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-49277449

Well if Charlie is financially secure maybe he'll pop back to the House of Tharg, just for old times sake  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Well being a filthy trade waiter, I never had any problems with getting the final volume.

Apart from the obvious spoiler of knowing it was the last issue, that worked pretty well for me. Yes, it didn't have enough Zombies, yes there was too much speechifying, and yes, the characters just tell you how they feel and the reason they are doing things rather than it evolving naturally. And yes, these actions don't always feel consistent. But this is TWD, we expect that all by now.  [spoiler]But an optimistic and hopeful, if not entirely, ending and humanity on the up is what I wanted.[/spoiler]

With a series this size, you'll never get everything tied in a bow but I would have thought at least one scene showing new procedures for dealing with death given that they say several times that "x has never seen a walker" (maybe I missed it).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!