Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You've just described the plot of Deadpool
You may quote me on that.

CraveNoir

Cogan's Trade starring Brad Pitt announced for September 21st release.

Plot: Jackie Cogan is a professional enforcer who investigates a heist that went down during a mob-protected poker game.
Genre: Crime, Thriller

"The September 21st date will set the film against the Judge Dredd reboot, Dredd, the animated family comedy Hotel Transylvania, and the thriller The House at the End of the Street."

http://collider.com/cogans-trade-scary-movie-5-butter-release-date/146106/

JOE SOAP

Not really genre competition though, more like, there's another film out at the same time.

The Sherman Kid

The publicity machine must be working ,Judge Dredd just got a namecheck on Question Time. ;)

Goaty

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 16 February, 2012, 11:22:15 PM
The publicity machine must be working ,Judge Dredd just got a namecheck on Question Time. ;)

Yeah but it link the 2000AD Comic Judge Dredd not film.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I can't wait till September! I think Aliens: Colonial Marines will be out around then too, so it's gonna be a great time in my life.

Beaky Smoochies

Gettin' a little worried about the September 21st release date, it's getting a bit crowded - http://collider.com/cogans-trade-scary-movie-5-butter-release-date/146106/ - I just hope it doesn't hurt Dredd's chances at the box-office, although there is no real other notable genre film released that week, so maybe that'll help bring in the CBM and geek audience demographic and work in Dredd's favour... still hopefully cautiously optimistic!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 17 February, 2012, 05:16:16 AM
Gettin' a little worried about the September 21st release date, it's getting a bit crowded

It's a bit like being worried that it might rain that day. I don't think we should concern ourselves with the fact that other films will be sharing the multiplex theatres when it comes out. If Dredd can't compete with those films there's nothing can be done about it.

Gonk

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 16 February, 2012, 11:22:15 PM

Every town should have a cardboard cut out Dredd; it will deter criminals.

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 17 February, 2012, 05:16:16 AM
Gettin' a little worried about the September 21st release date, it's getting a bit crowded - http://collider.com/cogans-trade-scary-movie-5-butter-release-date/146106/ - I just hope it doesn't hurt Dredd's chances at the box-office, although there is no real other notable genre film released that week, so maybe that'll help bring in the CBM and geek audience demographic and work in Dredd's favour... still hopefully cautiously optimistic!

I think the latter possibility is more likely Beaky. ;)
coming at a cinema near you soon

radiator

QuoteIt's a bit like being worried that it might rain that day. I don't think we should concern ourselves with the fact that other films will be sharing the multiplex theatres when it comes out. If Dredd can't compete with those films there's nothing can be done about it.

I agree - obviously releasing Dredd in the Summer, going up against the likes of The Dark Knight Rises and Prometheus would be unwise, but pretty much any weekend either side of blockbuster season it's going to have competition of some kind.

Hoagy

It'll be very special for me as it's on my sisters birthday and my birthday is always exactly a week before. So that week will be one hill of a countdown.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: George Dread on 17 February, 2012, 12:23:05 PM
It'll be very special for me as it's on my sisters birthday and my birthday is always exactly a week before. So that week will be one hill of a countdown.

'Always' eh?Doesn't move about then like most peoples - :lol:

Grimmyx22

Not being too knowledgable about these things- do new movie trailers always appear online first these days?

Hoagy

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 17 February, 2012, 01:36:28 PM
Quote from: George Dread on 17 February, 2012, 12:23:05 PM

'Always' eh?Doesn't move about then like most peoples - :lol:

Always as a pose to there not being a rare film about  Dredd on on that particular day, dear lad.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

MR. ELIMINATOR

It might not do that well at the cinema, but will probably make for it in dvd sales. Machete didn't do to well at the box office but made a lot on dvd/blu-ray. Enough to get two sequels.