Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Still over 6 months to go...  Loads of films don't have tralers out yet that will be out same time.

Yeah OK Prometheus does, but that is out in June.  Plus it is from a big company that always advertises summer blockbusters far too much.  After all I knew I'd go as soon as it was released - and I bet most people that like Aliens, Predator and/or AvP will have already known too.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: radiator on 01 March, 2012, 07:32:39 PM
It was more like 8/9 new stills (in two batches a few days apart), two interviews with Thirlby, 10 seconds of footage (van chase, bloke getting shot, judge gang, med center etc) and the Simon Pegg vid where Urban gives a sneak preview of the Dredd voice - all within a few weeks.

Face it - even if they released the trailer tomorrow morning, there'd be people whinging again the following day. Some people just won't be happy until the film is out!

Radiator oh come on -when you're quoting LEAKED footage ,a Simon Pegg tribute (brilliant and appreciated as it was) and a couple of photos as evidence of a great PR campaign I can't take you seriously.Movies are about hype to get bums on seats, I'm totally underwhelmed by their OFFICIAL efforts so far, and lets face it with ony 6 months left they really are going to have to pull their finger out soon.

vzzbux

SOOOO. Films of Dredds budget, can someone put up figures of when the PR really kicked in so we can compare and then all the moaners can either have their whinges backed up or just shut the fuck up and start moaning at the time the PR should finally kick off.
@ Sherman. If you think they should start the PR ball rolling why don't you contact the relevant parties offering your services and expertise. I am sure the would welcome your help as they clearly don't know what they are doing.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

M.I.K.

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 01 March, 2012, 08:10:04 PM
Movies are about hype to get bums on seats, I'm totally underwhelmed by their OFFICIAL efforts so far, and lets face it with ony 6 months left they really are going to have to pull their finger out soon.

...and here was me thinking movies were about telling a story.

radiator

Getting fed up of pointing this out now, but Dredd isn't Prometheus, it isn't The Avengers. It's not an 'event' film. Those films probably have marketing budgets that could pay for the entire production of Dredd many times over.

We'll most likely get a trailer/website/mini marketing blitz a month or two before the film comes out, same as any other film release.

QuoteFilms of Dredds budget, can someone put up figures of when the PR really kicked in

I'll bring up the District 9 comparison again - a similar production in many ways (similar budget independent movies, both shot in SA, some of the same cast and crew...). I don't think I'd even heard of that film at all up until a few weeks before it came out.

Bat King

Quote from: Bat King on 01 March, 2012, 07:49:08 PM
Still over 6 months to go...  Loads of films don't have tralers out yet that will be out same time.

Yeah OK Prometheus does, but that is out in June.  Plus it is from a big company that always advertises summer blockbusters far too much.  After all I knew I'd go as soon as it was released - and I bet most people that like Aliens, Predator and/or AvP will have already known too.

What I said...

Quote from: M.I.K. on 01 March, 2012, 08:20:31 PM

...and here was me thinking movies were about telling a story.

What he said...

Quote from: radiator on 01 March, 2012, 08:28:51 PM
Getting fed up of pointing this out now, but Dredd isn't Prometheus, it isn't The Avengers. It's not an 'event' film. Those films probably have marketing budgets that could pay for the entire production of Dredd many times over.

We'll most likely get a trailer/website/mini marketing blitz a month or two before the film comes out, same as any other film release.

QuoteFilms of Dredds budget, can someone put up figures of when the PR really kicked in

I'll bring up the District 9 comparison again - a similar production in many ways (similar budget independent movies, both shot in SA, some of the same cast and crew...). I don't think I'd even heard of that film at all up until a few weeks before it came out.

And also what he said...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Richmond Clements

Please can we not have this same fucking discussion YET AGAIN.

(Notice there was no question mark at the end of that sentence. Though it was phrased as if a question, it was not.)

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

So if Dredds 40 and Anderssssssons 20 something who would be Chief Judge ?
Never rub another mans rhubarb

The Sherman Kid

#Vzzbux -I'm busy.As for, 'they know what they are doing' ,they haven't got a good track record, the distributors, when it comes to promotion
#MIK -If you don't even know about the story you wont go and see it (silly  ;))
#Radiator-Stop labouring on cost.One man and his computer trained dog can set up and run a website for next to nowt, a poster isn't a big expense, nor is viral stuff, lots of cheap stuff they could be doing (how about releasing an artistic rendering of the city used for the film to generate buzz).As for District 9 ,they ran a very unique viral marketing campaign on and off the web which suited that particular film, you can't expect that for this film (especially from this distributor)
#Bat King - The above ( :D)

Goaty

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 01 March, 2012, 09:11:25 PM

What?

It's Rakie Ayola; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0043931/

TordelBack

You'd have to say that Clarence Goodman has never looked finer.

JayzusB.Christ

I thought he was sexier bleeding out on the slab. 
Very sorry, I'm on the main tourist street of Bangkok, it does things to you
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 01 March, 2012, 09:14:03 PM
#Vzzbux -I'm busy.As for, 'they know what they are doing' ,they haven't got a good track record, the distributors, when it comes to promotion
#MIK -If you don't even know about the story you wont go and see it (silly  ;))
#Radiator-Stop labouring on cost.One man and his computer trained dog can set up and run a website for next to nowt, a poster isn't a big expense, nor is viral stuff, lots of cheap stuff they could be doing (how about releasing an artistic rendering of the city used for the film to generate buzz).As for District 9 ,they ran a very unique viral marketing campaign on and off the web which suited that particular film, you can't expect that for this film (especially from this distributor)
#Bat King - The above ( :D)

PLease stop - you have no bloody idea what you're talking about, so stop repeating the same old tired mantra.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: Goaty on 01 March, 2012, 09:14:24 PM
Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 01 March, 2012, 09:11:25 PM

What?

It's Rakie Ayola; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0043931/

I know whos playing the part Goaty :) I was just wondering who the Chief Judge would be.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

radiator

The chief judge is [spoiler]credited as 'the chief judge', and a woman in her 40s/50s. No other detail is given, nor is any more than that relevant to the story.

If the CJ is to be a significant character in any sequels, they can elaborate, or recast and use one of the ones from the comics.[/spoiler]