Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 11 March, 2012, 01:54:03 PM
I can't figure not why Americans would rather read Aquaman or Green Lantern over Dredd?

That's part of their culture. It's hard to break those bonds. I grew up with 2000AD/Dredd, I don't read US comics apart from indies that appeal to me and I don't see that ever changing.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 11 March, 2012, 01:54:03 PM
Your right but I've not seen 2000ad 0r the Dredd mag on shelves in newsagents for years but that a different problem.

Why is it that? I go into some WH Smith stores and there are loads of copies of 2000ad and the Meg yet others don't stock them at all?I wouldn't have thought it was up to individual store managers what lines they run ....

Danbo

We have a new Smiths uptown but all you get are Xmen and Bats,a few US graphic novels.
Tragic.
I like the odd US comic,got loads but even as a kid I preferred 2000ad,more headshots and less lycra.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

SmallBlueThing

Just popping in to not comment on the movie.

Within twenty minutes walk of my house are seven newsagents which stick 2000AD on the shelves every week.

If i extend that to the ones i know of as far away as silverhill- ten minute walk then a ten minute busride- that number grows to 12. And the Meg is stocked by about half of those.

SBT

Danbo

Good to hear,none in Clitheroe although they will 'get it in for me'.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

My local smiths had the meg and the prog tucked behind US imports right at the back, week in week out id rearrange the trash to the back and put the progs pride of place at the front :) Muahahahhaaa *cough*
Never rub another mans rhubarb

dweezil2

Never had a problem getting 2000ad or The Meg in my local WHSmiths.

Strange you have so much trouble DanboJohnJ.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Pete Wells

That Jock pic is what he submitted for the 2000AD Advent calendar 2010!

Danbo

Quote from: dweezil2 on 11 March, 2012, 03:24:05 PM
Never had a problem getting 2000ad or The Meg in my local WHSmiths.

Strange you have so much trouble DanboJohnJ.
Might do a victor Meldrew and go in for a whinge  ;)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Pete Wells on 11 March, 2012, 03:24:24 PM

reuse/recycle

blackmocco

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 March, 2012, 03:34:31 PM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 11 March, 2012, 03:24:24 PM

reuse/recycle

Resyk...?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

MR. ELIMINATOR

I am beginning to think a trailer won't be appearing too soon. I was looking on the film classification websites for both the us and uk for 'Dredd' as the trailer needs to be rated and you can see what trailers are coming soon through there. But it wasn't even on there and the upcoming Prometheus trailer (this coming saturday it will be debuted) has been on there for a while, there must be some processing time needed.

Hence the fact it isn't even on there suggests nothing has even been submitted yet!

Though of course maybe I am wrong.

MR. ELIMINATOR

And I suppose if they do release the trailer online first then they can have 'not yet rated' trailer.

Goaty

Prometheus is out in June, Dredd is out in September, so chill out and be patience :)

James Stacey

I don't think it's case of chilling out, just pointing out that there might not be an 'imminent' trailer inbound.