Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Once bitten, twice-shy... not even sure I can be bothered with Kapow this year.

SKD

Quote from: Pete Wells on 14 April, 2012, 11:59:39 AM
It was hilarious when Burdis cornered Millar, towered over him and gave him a real piece of his mind!

Oh how I would have loved to have seen that.  :lol:

Stew.

JOE SOAP

I doubt they'll preview Dredd 4 months before release.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Promotion opportunity maybe?

Launch the Movies Trailer with a bit of a fanfare at a Comic Fan Fair might be a good idea from the Promoters point of view.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Angry Vince

Oh for Christ's sake, can we finish cuddling and just get to the damn sex!

Sorry, was thinking of something else...
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

PreacherCain

You guys are gonna be really pissed when they put out a mere 30 second teaser with no actual footage  :lol:

JOE SOAP

A font would do at this stage.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 14 April, 2012, 02:17:26 PM
A font would do at this stage.

Exactly! Just a teaser poster that said Dredd and had nothing else on it would be enough just to let people know this movie is coming out and when!

SmallBlueThing

A FONT you say? A TEASER POSTER you say?

How's this? Just for yous guys!

SBT

Goaty

Misanthrope

I think what you saw is what you're going to get. DREDD is set in a near Future so I doubt they'll jazz anything up in P.P.

RoboCop has very old style vehicles with very little that was Futuristic about them and since DREDD is a mid budget Flick it has to save money some where.  This isn't a road Movie it's set inside one Block so not much point in spending lots of cash on vehicles your only going to see very briefly.

Jock stated that they will be replacing the van.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Steve Green

Quote from: DeFuzzed on 14 April, 2012, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 13 April, 2012, 12:50:27 PM
He shouts [spoiler]Bike cannon[/spoiler]

Do we actually know they stuck to the leaked script? Just curious. It seems like script changes can happen easily, and I'm thinking here of LOTR where they said it could happen every day.

I don't care whether he shouts it, to be honest, and prefer not if they're going for comic effect - and no, being reminded of 60s Batman is not good. Nowhere in the realm of good.

Well, they've changed the appearance of Ma-ma - I doubt it would be in there.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 14 April, 2012, 11:39:40 AM
Rumour about the DREDD Movie possibly being shown at KAPOW Uk Convention. Rumour mind.

If - and it's certainly a pretty massive IF - Dredd will be either previewed in it's entirety or just the unveiling of the trailer at KapowCon, it would make a lot of sense, and could possibly explain why no trailer has been forthcoming thus far... and as for not previewing it four months in advance, why not, firstly it's complete and finished, plus if the film is the bollox, the amount of great (and free) publicity would be enormous, and would most certainly create a considerable level of expectation leading up to September's release, but I think it will be the trailer, personally... hope I'm wrong though!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Danbo

My Huss is a sizzle reel then the trailer/teaser will drop a few weeks later online...will urban or the director be there? Possible,would be a missed op either way if they don't.britians biggest comic character at Britains biggest comics convention, seems like a no brainer which means it (sods law) we prons won't see a bloody thing....either way we are that close now I can wait until release anyway.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

karlurbaninternational

Would be really nice if the UK Convention would show a little teaser, with Karl on the stage. Maybe a little Q/A...or together with Simon Pegg ;). Just a fantasy, but it would be nice.

Or..maybe they will do something on Comic-Con in San Diego...maybe Star Trek too. The timing would be nice too.

Anyway, just hoping, and keeping an eye on the time schcedules and waiting. Nothing more we can do.