Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 17 April, 2012, 01:17:13 PM
Jock has created a poster for Dredd, yes. Perhaps not the poster though.

Perhaps I'm being a little unfair, but I always associate Entertainment - the UK distributors of Dredd - with really naff, dated-looking design on their posters/DVD covers etc, but looking at their website it seems they have improved somewhat in recent years.

I can remember them still rocking this monstrosity as their logo in the mid-noughties:

Oh I hate Entertainment In Video, they never produced subtitles for their films they distributed in VHS and DVD!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 17 April, 2012, 01:17:13 PM

Perhaps I'm being a little unfair, but I always associate Entertainment - the UK distributors of Dredd - with really naff, dated-looking design on their posters/DVD covers etc, but looking at their website it seems they have improved somewhat in recent years.

They distributed Lord of the Rings.

radiator

Yeah I know, they were still using that logo when the first one came out.

Goaty

Someone post it at Dredd IMDB, as you see the image before in last year's Empire, but here it's High-Def image...

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 18 April, 2012, 08:47:05 AM
Someone post it at Dredd IMDB, as you see the image before in last year's Empire, but here it's High-Def image...

It's too small for 'hi-def' but it's been ripped from the ipad edition of last year's Empire. Just like this one:

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 April, 2012, 09:14:26 AM

It's too small for 'hi-def' but it's been ripped from the ipad edition of last year's Empire. Just like this one:

Well cheers, better than scanned images??

The Sherman Kid

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 18 April, 2012, 01:58:27 PM
Only two weeks to Chaos though.

How do you know that?

There's a [spoiler]big countdown clock on the front of the site[/spoiler].

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 April, 2012, 02:16:22 PM
Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 18 April, 2012, 01:58:27 PM
Only two weeks to Chaos though.

How do you know that?

There's a [spoiler]big countdown clock on the front of the site[/spoiler].

Hmmm, didn't know what that was for, then after reading the prog today assumed it was for the [spoiler]return of the dark judges[/spoiler].Didn't assume that coincided with the start of the Day of Chaos, seeing as so many unpredictable things have happened already, but you're probably right.

a chosen rider

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 18 April, 2012, 03:07:32 PMHmmm, didn't know what that was for, then after reading the prog today assumed it was for the [spoiler]return of the dark judges[/spoiler].Didn't assume that coincided with the start of the Day of Chaos, seeing as so many unpredictable things have happened already, but you're probably right.

If you haven't been checking in with the "Rebellion teases three mysterious images" thread, the teasers they've been releasing over on the CBR site all have the date May 2nd on them.  (You can see the full set - now nine images, and spoilery for prog 1779 - here.)  Since they're making such a big deal of promoting that specific date to outside audiences, and the [spoiler]return of the Dark Judges[/spoiler] is already hinted at in this week's prog, it seems pretty likely that the May 2nd prog will be the start of the next storyline rather than Eve of Destruction part 17.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 April, 2012, 09:14:26 AM

What a Dreddy moment that is. Who needs to knock when you can kick the door down?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Beaky Smoochies

Please stop showing those gobsmackingly awesome pics, if you don't mind, it's not exactly making this insufferable wait any more bearable... I don't think I can take much more of this...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

I wonder if the film will have a premiere in London with a little judicial glitz thrown in for good measure,
like a few judges taking on crowd control duties. :)

Either way would be good for exposure, that is if an R rated film counts for a premiere of this sort.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Danbo

I can see it now,Judges clubbing anti capitalists/students/anyone on the front of the Daily Mail outside the theater with the headline 'Cameron gets tough with the hippies/workshy/pensioners' or something...
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Bat King

Wouldn't put it past Judge Burris to be there...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex