Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Quote from: brendan1 on 14 May, 2012, 10:40:24 AM
Oh yeah, it looks way better.

But if the film had adopted an early McMahon/ Bolland/ Ezquerra model it would look even better, but the lack of visibility would have meant Urban required actual bionic eyes, because that's the only way you'd be able to see anything through those tiny, black slits.

It doesn't really matter if he can or can't see out of the helmet, as long as he acts like he can see out. It's a film. I bet Robert Downey Jr. can't see out of his Iron Man mask either.

Personally, I think it looks great and I can attest from experience (as can be seen in my avatar) that visibility is fine with the comics accurate helmet.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 May, 2012, 11:19:08 AM
Interesting juxtaposition of those two shots, too. The one on the left looks like a slightly naff dress uniform; the one on the right looks like a riot cop.

Too right, if as Judge doing graveyard shift, which uniform you would pick?

strontium71

Sorry if anyone's picked up on this on another thread , and slightly off tangent , but Goaty now blinks!
...because I hate you.

Goaty

Quote from: strontium71 on 14 May, 2012, 01:39:09 PM
Sorry if anyone's picked up on this on another thread , and slightly off tangent , but Goaty now blinks!

Yeah I am watching you...

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: strontium71 on 14 May, 2012, 01:39:09 PM

Oh that's just great, George Lucas ruins another masterpiece with his digital 'improvements'... Goaty's avatar: the Special Edition!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

ming

Quote from: brendan1 on 14 May, 2012, 09:59:18 AM
In all honesty, the Stallone helmet iteration made a lot of sense from a visibility stance.

What, not wearing one?   :lol:

I'm ignoring most of the discussion about the film as the bottom line is that, come September, I'll be banging on the cinema doors, demanding to see it.

Trailers, or lack of, at this point bothers me not one bit.

darnmarr

Quote from: Michaelvk on 13 May, 2012, 11:55:01 PM

...Speaking of trailers on telly.. Saw one for The Raid..

Oh dear...

Wouldn't worry: 'Battle Royale' doesn't seem to have affected 'The Hunger Games' much.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: darnmarr on 15 May, 2012, 06:50:19 PM
Wouldn't worry: 'Battle Royale' doesn't seem to have affected 'The Hunger Games' much.

They weren't released in the same year.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 May, 2012, 08:10:14 PM
Quote from: darnmarr on 15 May, 2012, 06:50:19 PM

They weren't released in the same year.

And most of my mates didn't bother with the Hunger games because we all agreed that it just looked like a Battle Royale knock-off. But we're a bunch of snobs :P
You may quote me on that.

dweezil2

Saw The Raid tonight and it was a very impressive film for the budget, but I really don't think Dredd has got anything to worry about. There are enough differences with the Dredd story to make it a significantly different experience to The Raid (much less martial arts for starters).

As for The Hungar Games, what a hugely overrated film that was. Poor direction, for the most part, and a weak script. Just shows what effective hype and Twighlight fans hungry for more can achieve! And it's not a tenth of the film Battle Royale was.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

dracula1

Slightly of topic, but interesting none the less.  I have just caught a glimpse of the house of Commons debate on modern policing. In summary it calls for quicker justice through front line police being able to charge a criminal at source. Looks like Dredds world is just round the corner and the government has been reading back issues of case files!  :-)

Goaty

Quote from: dracula1 on 16 May, 2012, 12:18:56 PM
Slightly of topic, but interesting none the less.  I have just caught a glimpse of the house of Commons debate on modern policing. In summary it calls for quicker justice through front line police being able to charge a criminal at source. Looks like Dredds world is just round the corner and the government has been reading back issues of case files!  :-)

dracula1, The Politic Thread could be best place to post it?
http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,28209.2220.html

dracula1

Cheers Goaty l did know that existed l will look in on it now. I am usually looking in on Dredd and film threads only , sound like there is lots of interesting discussion going on elsewhere too. 

strontium71

Quote from: dracula1 on 16 May, 2012, 12:31:35 PM
sound like there is lots of interesting discussion going on elsewhere too.

You'd think  ;)
...because I hate you.

Goaty

Here's update from Kapow! No Dredd Movie cos the director of The Raid on it...