Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: blackmocco on 24 May, 2012, 01:34:20 AM
According to someone on AICN's GI Joe forum the Dredd trailer's in front of Prometheus next week. Take that with as big a pinch of salt as you need...
Quote from: blackmocco on 24 May, 2012, 01:46:46 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/board/thread/199475064
Up on IMDB as well...

OH BABY... HERE WE GO!  I really hope that's the case, it certainly makes a lot of sense if it is, I was actually thinking about this sitting on the bog tonight :-[, and realized it's exactly two months between the release of Prometheus and the U.K. release of Dredd, and most trailers are issued around that time prior to release so the timing's right, plus the fact both films are adult-oriented sci-fi movies (in 3-D) also gives credence to this little scoop... is it just me or does anyone else here feel a little giddy right now at the prospect of FINALLY seeing some major Dredd footage of Karl and Olivia giving Lena what for?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Beaky Smoochies

According to someone on AICN's GI Joe forum the Dredd trailer's in front of Prometheus next week. Take that with as big a pinch of salt as you need...

Just back from the AICN board, and that's He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named posting under another of his many pseudonyms, but the 'scoop' didn't originate with him and I still believe/hope this news is correct...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

blackmocco

Yeah, was afraid of that on AICN that it was him. However in his defense, if we can venture that far, he's explosively excited about it. He posted on the Robocop remake one as well and it was all exclamation points and caps. Guess his negativity only goes as far...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Danbo

Dredd and Prometheus is too much awesome for my inner geek to comprehend,I may explode or something like scanners.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Danbo

@Blackmocco   He came round to the new Dredd about 6 months ago over on the Empire forum,,,slowly and begrudgingly but he did.Got all in a tizz about the Dreddy photos with the eagle...

Hes harmless anyway.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Radbacker

It would be nice if it was in front of Prometheus however i think this is just a case of the internet eating itself again as the only other place that i can find that mentions that fact is this thread a couple of pages back?  damn we need something people.

CU Radbacker

Steve Green

It would be nice if true.

Bubba Zebill

I was actually thinking about this sitting on the bog tonight :-[:lol:
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 24 May, 2012, 04:05:27 AM
Quote from: blackmocco on 24 May, 2012, 01:46:46 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/board/thread/199475064
Up on IMDB as well...

I was actually thinking about this sitting on the bog tonight :-[,
:lol:
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

radiator

Very cool if true, though for me it will be a repeat of seeing the first Harry Potter in the cinema. I was mildly excited about the film, but the trailer for Fellowship of the Ring that played before it blew me away, so much that it sort of spoiled the Potter movie.

I'm going to see Prometheus in IMAX, wonder if they'll show it there...?

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 24 May, 2012, 09:53:40 AM
Very cool if true, though for me it will be a repeat of seeing the first Harry Potter in the cinema. I was mildly excited about the film, but the trailer for Fellowship of the Ring that played before it blew me away, so much that it sort of spoiled the Potter movie.

I'm going to see Prometheus in IMAX, wonder if they'll show it there...?

Watch the Dredd trailer in IMAX? Wow....

shaolin_monkey

Gaaah!  I wish a reputable source would give us an actual fact about the trailer!  The will it/won't it suspense is funting killing me !!!!

Steve Green

It varies - I remember seeing some IMAX presentations (not the IMAX branches in the Odeon) which didn't have many trailers.

Unless it's actually shot in IMAX it's just a nice screen. The Dark Knight looked great in its IMAX sequences, although a lot of people I saw it with didn't notice the switch between that and the 35mm footage.

Bat King

Why do people feel the need to know in advance when the trailer will be out?

I'd be more excited itf I saw it blind, sat waiting for a film and BLAM! there is a Dredd trailer.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Goaty

Quote from: Dark Bat King on 24 May, 2012, 12:53:59 PM
Why do people feel the need to know in advance when the trailer will be out?

I'd be more excited itf I saw it blind, sat waiting for a film and BLAM! there is a Dredd trailer.

Yes cos you're bat :-)