Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteWhy do people feel the need to know in advance when the trailer will be out?

I'd be more excited itf I saw it blind, sat waiting for a film and BLAM! there is a Dredd trailer.

Because they're excited to see it?

Why are you looking on a Dredd movie thread - presumably for a bit of news or rumours? Wouldn't it be better etc etc....

MR. ELIMINATOR

I hope this is true. It would be too amazing!

Richmond Clements

And let's remember that when the trailer isn't in front of Prometheus, we don't complain about it.
Y'all seemed to have convinced yourselves it's going to be there and are getting overexcited..!

Goaty

Honest I am excited to see Prometheus, as so far it looks great and creepy, with full-blown Science Fiction.

If Dredd trailer is include, that is fine, if not well, that's life.  :)

Cant wait for Prometheus, hope the subtitled version out near to 9th June so it would be nice birthday!  :D

Danbo

Somebody shouted at me/other guys for going on about the trailerz and told us to go back to sleep until mid Julyish so I'm not expecting owt bar maybe a few piccys if we're lucky.New COD maps and Wheel of Time books are keeping me going.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Psidude

think dredd trailer will be on before the new spiderman july 3rd empire has dredd release as tbc?

dracula1

Rumour has it that the first screening of the DREDD teaser will be at Thought Bubble later this year.

:-)

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm showing the trailer right now in my cellar  ;)

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 May, 2012, 07:43:12 PM
I'm showing the trailer right now in my cellar  ;)
Gather the SWAT force! Converge!  :lol:

Bat King

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 24 May, 2012, 02:39:52 PM
And let's remember that when the trailer isn't in front of Prometheus, we don't complain about it.
Y'all seemed to have convinced yourselves it's going to be there and are getting overexcited..!

This here is a great point...
Quote from: radiator on 24 May, 2012, 01:16:53 PM
QuoteWhy do people feel the need to know in advance when the trailer will be out?

I'd be more excited if I saw it blind, sat waiting for a film and BLAM! there is a Dredd trailer.

Because they're excited to see it?

Why are you looking on a Dredd movie thread - presumably for a bit of news or rumours? Wouldn't it be better etc etc....

Well obviously... but if I saw the trailer in the cinema unexpectedly that'd be more exciting to me. Just an opinion, and really my question was rhetorical and only to lead to my point.

I'll probably check the trailer as soon as it comes out though.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

strontium71

That's how I saw the '95 trailer - completely by accident. Just sat there watching the trailers and up it pops! Couldn't bloody concentrate on the main film after that!
...because I hate you.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 24 May, 2012, 04:05:27 AM
realized it's exactly two months between the release of Prometheus and the U.K. release of Dredd

Think it's prudent to point out here I got the above wrong, it's actually THREE months between the releases of Prometheus and Dredd, damn my numerical deficiencies ::), that humble admission aside, I don't think it likely that the Dredd trailer will be released a whole three months in advance of release, I'm no longer going to make predictions about the trailer, I'll just clam up and wait for it in good and due course, when it arrives it arrives, good enough for me...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

The Bissler

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 25 May, 2012, 01:50:19 AM
Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 24 May, 2012, 04:05:27 AM
realized it's exactly two months between the release of Prometheus and the U.K. release of Dredd

Think it's prudent to point out here I got the above wrong, it's actually THREE months between the releases of Prometheus and Dredd, damn my numerical deficiencies ::), that humble admission aside, I don't think it likely that the Dredd trailer will be released a whole three months in advance of release, I'm no longer going to make predictions about the trailer, I'll just clam up and wait for it in good and due course, when it arrives it arrives, good enough for me...

I don't think it unreasonable to assume that the trailer could be released three months ahead of advance.  The Bond trailer is already out and that film isn't due out until the end of October.  Given that it is also a Sci-fi film (and a reimagining of a previous film), perhaps a better point of reference would be the new Total Recall film.  The trailer came out roughly three months ahead of release so wouldn't it be fair to expect that Dredd might do the same?  Total Recall is reported to have a $200 million budget so I'd accept that comparisons aren't completely fair, but the release date of the trailer shouldn't really have much bearing on budgetary concerns.

IndigoPrime

The Bond thing is a teaser for a massively successful series with a colossal marketing budget.

Teivion

If they are playing their cards close to their chest its for good reasons, esp with the current climate.

Check out the latest GI Joe film- 5 weeks (!) before scheduled and advertised release, including Superbowl ads, virals etc,  etc etc etc- its pulled back to release next year ' To add 3D'.

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/05/24/3500091/

Go figure.

That extra work and wasted marketing alone will probably cost them the total budget of Dredd-  especially so late in post.