Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Only upon close inspection I'm getting the scale of this. The vehicle in the centre has what I thought was a container box behind but it's actually a building which REALLY makes Sternhammer block look gigantic. This couldn't be better and one other thing that's really been growing on me is the Drokk soundtrack. Play it with thiese images and this movie's really going to have it's own identity way different than any of the other comic offerings. Can't wait. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do until September especially as I have to wait two fucking weeks longer than most of you guys...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Danbo

Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 08 June, 2012, 07:12:56 PM
QuoteI don't think it is hundreds of floors up, there aren't any suspended roadways so it doesn't make much sense having vehicles stuck way up there for a police force.

It could be high up, if you look at the building with the large screen on top, it seems to disappear into shadow as if it drops down well below the height the shot is taken from. Just my perspective.
Maybe hundreds was a little the top,but you kinda get my drift,50 floors or so...
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

Considering they're supposed to be 200 floors high -higher than the tallest building in the world in Dubai- it looks like there's streets in the sky.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Incredible, looks really fantastic.

Hoagy

That must be a shot from within the Halls of Justice. But it could be a Sector House too. There's a distinctive MadMax resonance in the in house shot that brings a feeling of full circle and step outside of that feeling when you see the perps are of a very urban dress. Not so primal.

Then there's that Lawgiver. Excellent work MVK and crew. I love that near analogue radio station, frequency finder style settings block on it and terrific overall design.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

JOE SOAP

Quote from: George Dread on 08 June, 2012, 07:25:41 PM
That must be a shot from within the Halls of Justice.

[spoiler]It's Peach Trees Block.[/spoiler]

chuffsteruk

Maybe the roads etc are actually below what we see in that shot?

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 08 June, 2012, 07:30:26 PM
Maybe the roads etc are actually below what we see in that shot?

Yeah I think they must be, if you look at the car directly in front of dredd you can see at the tail end of it, there is a the top of a sky scraper at the same level, so they must be very high up.

Danbo

They seem to be quite positive over at AICN's about the poster which is as rare as rocking horse shit.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Beeks

Hmmm the more I look at that block shot..the more it looks like an artists impression?!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Michaelvk

Nope. That's the real deal.. It's also not 2K resolution.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Emperor

Cracking poster, in fact it all looks great.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JOE SOAP

"Now where did I put that Lawmaster photo?".

chuffsteruk

Beeks

Quote from: Michaelvk on 08 June, 2012, 07:37:36 PM
Nope. That's the real deal.. It's also not 2K resolution.

I think it doesn't help that I'm looking at it on an iPhone  :D
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens