Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

For me the crazies and Perps need to look edgey... some thing like this.  Check out prodigy dot com for more.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Radbacker on 16 June, 2012, 03:13:06 AM
I really think we might be in for something special on the 3D with this, the whole story seems foccused around it's essential use in certain places well from the script anyway there seems to be [spoiler]quite a few Bullet time slow mo head shots and the like that are viewed from the perpective of someone jacked up on Slo-mo that really sound like there going a whole new way to show off the 3D, not just stuff coming out the screen, stuff coming out the screen in slow motion!!!.[/spoiler]
CU Radbacker

Agreed, I had no idea what to expect from the 3-D aspect of this movie (despite having read the script several times), but that leaked pre-viz is highly intriguing in it's peek into how the DNA Films guys are going all-out in the stereoscopic imaging and visual effect department, this could be something truly special and genuinely unique...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Frank

Quote from: Dirty Sanchez on 16 June, 2012, 12:47:58 AM
I think a workable yet striking Mega-Cit style would basically be everyone in this blog
http://www.hel-looks.com/

Hussein Chayalan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52iZZWKB6YI

The audio on this is pure Zoolander, but the guy's dramatic silhouettes and use of light are very cinematic.

Danbo

Anyone else notice the skateboard pic with 'fatties rule' on the halfpipe and the smiley face,a nod to Chopper? One of the extras looks like he has Chopper hair.
the pic is number 14
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.443238722360653.105988.167521819932346&type=3
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Stella Dave

Quote from: Dirty Sanchez on 16 June, 2012, 01:02:24 AM
I draw the jury's attention to Exhibit A, the beer crate in the bottom right of this picture
Bread crate

Roger Godpleton

Ballet and Joy Division inspire me.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Stan

That's actually not surprising. The final mystery of Godpleton explained.

Adrian Bamforth

Makes you wonder though: If skysurfing existed, why would anyone much about with skate parks?

IAMTHESYSTEM

Some of the Sci fi websites I browse speak of how depressing Sci Fi has become Dystopia's triumphing over Trekkie style optimism.

Could a grounded Chopper reflect this unhappy if realistic streak in Sci Fi culture at the moment?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Beeks

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 16 June, 2012, 12:15:51 PM
Makes you wonder though: If skysurfing existed, why would anyone much about with skate parks?

That's like saying if CDs exist why do people play records  :D
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Danbo

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 16 June, 2012, 12:21:01 PM
Some of the Sci fi websites I browse speak of how depressing Sci Fi has become Dystopia's triumphing over Trekkie style optimism.

Could a grounded Chopper reflect this unhappy if realistic streak in Sci Fi culture at the moment?
Thats my guess.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

darnmarr

There's always someone who'll want to be 'retro': it's probably more rebellious to stick to old-skool wheels and concrete.

Stan

I hate to be that guy, and I trust the marketing peeps know what they're doing, but maybe it's time to throw something out there? Even if it's just set footage or something, in a similar vein to the birthday message?

I understand there's still 3 months to go, but still..

Michaelvk

Quote from: darnmarr on 16 June, 2012, 01:56:18 PM
There's always someone who'll want to be 'retro': it's probably more rebellious to stick to old-skool wheels and concrete.

..that and it's cheaper to film..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

blackmocco

I have loved this image so much since it turned up that I've just pored over it as much as I can but I have to confess, something about it started bothering me and I couldn't put my finger on it. Not in terms of concept but something technical. And then I figured out what it was:

Perspective. The perspective of the building Dredd's walking out of doesn't match the blocks in the background. Red lines are the perspective guides to the lobby. Yellow lines are the straight up-and-down of the blocks.

Couple of explanantions: The building's lobby's walls are slightly angled? Feel like this is unlikely as the shuttered door to Dredd's left follows the same angle as the entrance.

The cityscape in the background is actually just concept art, not a finished shot from the movie?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com