Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

Oooh, I like that..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

IAMTHESYSTEM

3rd person? Sort of Mass Effect maybe with Judge Allies? Hmmmm. Might work trouble is trying to shoot third person can be a little difficult as I found out playing Resident Evil 5
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Goaty

Batman Arkham City could be brilliant idea!

Congratulation everyone, we got to 300 pages now!

Michaelvk

This is the law!

..never did like 300.. Beardy shouty men in leather thongs don't float my biscuit.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Michaelvk

..I apologize for that awful pun...  :(

Banners

Quote from: Goaty
Batman Arkham City could be brilliant idea!

I'm pretty sure this game already exists.

The Adventurer

The thing about wanting Rebellion to make a Deus Ex or Batman Arkham City style Dredd game is a nice idea. But as best I can tell, Rebellion doesn't seem to make A-List level games like that. They are most squarely in the B-List category. and I'm almost afraid that the strain of attempting to shift toward a long development cycle A-List game developer would put to much financial strain on Rebellion to really be a good thing.

And that's the trouble, Dredd needs an A-List game to really shine. He can't keep getting Dredd Vs Death quality games if he's going to be taken seriously as a Video Game franchise. Or even Rogue Trooper quality games.

Its a conundrum.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Michaelvk

Why the hell am I arguing with him?  :-\

Goaty

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 June, 2012, 09:27:00 PM
Why the hell am I arguing with him?  :-\

Don't Feeding The Troll

Molch-R

Quote from: The Adventurer on 17 June, 2012, 09:06:58 PM
They are most squarely in the B-List category.

Gee, thanks. So at least two worldwide number one games in the last two years don't count?

Michaelvk

Just had a look-see at the list of games Rebellion developed, and there's quite a few of my all time favourites in there..

MR. ELIMINATOR

I don't know, what I saw of the judges I think would really suit the graphics they have used for their last games. AvP, Neverdead, and Sniper Elite.

I think it would be good, they nailed the Marine campaign in Aliens vs. Predator, convert that into Dredd and have a cool story? Bam!

The Adventurer

Quote from: Molch-R on 17 June, 2012, 09:29:37 PM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 17 June, 2012, 09:06:58 PM
They are most squarely in the B-List category.

Gee, thanks. So at least two worldwide number one games in the last two years don't count?

Sorry, bit of a dick there. But when I think of Aliens vs Predator and Sniper Elite V2 (which I assume are the two games you're talking about), I don't put them in the same category of game as Batman or Deus Ex. They simply seem like smaller scale games, with smaller sale expectations then your Mass Effect 3s and the like. Not to mention shorter development cycles, smaller budgets, etc....

I mean, I might be wrong, but I've yet to see a Rebellion game in the league of say... God of War III. Which is where a Dredd game needs to be in terms of exposure and technical fidelity.

No offense. I have nothing but respect for Video Game developers of all sorts (I wanted to be a game programer once upon a time). But I just don't see Rebellion releasing games like Rock Star, Bethesda, or Eidos Montreal do.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Roger Godpleton

Jesus Christ. I was being facetious.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

vzzbux

This thread makes my head hurt. Just scanned the last 25 pages for catch up. Not muched has changed then, just a few new behind the scenes piccys (which were great by the way) and some lucky bastards to go to a preview.
So if like me you have been off T'internet for the past three days that is all you need to know.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.