Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuffsteruk

:D  My mobile is ancient!

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

chuffsteruk

CraveNoir

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 25 June, 2012, 09:49:17 AM
This months Empire has arrived,with a little more about Dredd.New pic of MC1 and a little bit of text.

My scanner's knackered, so I can scan anything in.Sorry:(

Think its out in the shops on Thursday.

Kewl! Thanks for the heads up.

chuffsteruk

What I will say is that there are O' Neil, Grant and Bolland blocks in the new pic!!

Mardroid

Quote from: ming on 25 June, 2012, 09:31:21 AM
One thing that niggles me slightly at this stage is that the Big Meg we seem to be getting doesn't seem the likeliest setting for fatties, batgliders, simps and a large chunk of the quirky multitude of the populace of the city as we've grown to know it.  Not the end of the world, I'll admit, but I'd still love to see this diversity on the big screen.

I think the spread out blocks are deceptive. It's mentioned in the trailer to house 800 million, so even this, 'in development' version of the city has double the comic population in recent years. (Not including the current Chaos story of course. I wonder what the population of that is now let alone at the end of this epic.) So from a purely numbers point of view (and I'm aware you may be basing your statement on tone and visuals) there should be enough diversity for all you mention above. Not that we'll see much of that in this story, although I did spot a gliding vehicle at the start of the trailer. (I didn't see it clearly enough to tell if it's a bat-glider.)

Goaty

So did anyone scanned the latest Empire with Dredd photos even Mega-City?

The Sherman Kid

The Forums Back! Praise be to Tharg! :D

Danbo

Wadda miss ? Owt fresh?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Teivion

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Beeks

I quite like the new look Meg...Like mentioned before seems it's in it's infant stage...but it's a lot more realistic in fitting with the film. As also suggested it gives a lot of scope for an increase in blocks should a sequel be given the green light
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

strontium71

Just had a thought - in the trailer there are what looks like three captives with Ma-ma? I presume it's them that end up falling down the shaft in the middle. If they were doped up on Slo-mo , what must it feel like to be falling that distance in 1% normal time? How long would it take for them?
...because I hate you.

Beeks

Quote from: strontium71 on 26 June, 2012, 05:40:08 PM
Just had a thought - in the trailer there are what looks like three captives with Ma-ma? I presume it's them that end up falling down the shaft in the middle. If they were doped up on Slo-mo , what must it feel like to be falling that distance in 1% normal time? How long would it take for them?

That's like what's heavier?

A ton of bricks? Or a ton of feathers?  :lol:
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

blackmocco

Quote from: strontium71 on 26 June, 2012, 05:40:08 PM

In their perception...? Could be hours, right...? Oy vey.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com