Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 11 July, 2012, 03:25:05 AM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 10 July, 2012, 10:39:04 PM
Though I would definitely like to see more then 3.

I wouldn't, however much I dig the big JD, it's rare enough to get a threequel that actually holds up to it's two predecessors, but there's never been a fourth installment of a franchise that was worth spit - Alien Resurrection and ...Kingdom of the Crystal Skull immediately spring to mind - if Dredd gets to three installments (and I certainly hope they do), you couldn't get more of a big finish than having a mortal existential threat from the Dark Judges, that's where it should end...

I think it would be cool, lots of action movies have long running series, Rambo, Death Wish, Die Hard, Dirty Harry, etc.

Sure, the later instalments sometimes aren't very good, but I think it quite suits the episodic style treatment rather then a story that spans three films.

dracula1

Will an official indepth review be released after the screening or is it still all hush! hush?

Tiplodocus

Screening at SDCC? These marketing people clearly haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Why save the screening as a big, unspoilt bang at the most reported on Comic and Movie expo in the world when they could have been spoilerfically drip feeding little bits and snippets to UK cons with an audience of tens of people?.

Yes, I am being sarcastic.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Fisticuffs

radiator

Garland gets it:

QuoteI think one of the most interesting things about Dredd is that he ages in real time over the course of the comics. That doesn't lead to that sort of classic film story arc of some great epiphany, or moment of redemption and resolution and all that sort of stuff. But what John does is have Dredd evolve, in the way that a glacier moves

Excellent interview - hope the guys have a great time over in San Diego!

Danbo

Nice read,I enjoyed that
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

darnmarr

Goaty

OOh I love John Wagner!

Wagner: I think we're fighting the first movie to some extent. This one is so different. The link is really just the name and uniform, and that's it. The first film really had nothing to do with Judge Dredd, whereas this one is all Dredd.

chuffsteruk

chuffsteruk

Doh, Just noticed the post above.Sorry  :-[

TordelBack

QuoteCan I namecheck something else though? There's another Judge Dredd film being made at the moment called Judge Minty. It's a fan film, but it's highly impressive, and in that film, which you can see clips of and a kind of trailer they've cut on YouTube, they've taken a very faithful approach to Dredd's uniform, and the bike, and Mega City One. It's much more CG-heavy than our film, but it does show that there's another way of doing it that works.

:o  That man Garland really is a classy gent, isn't he?  And I love the Peach Trees origin story, brilliant! 

Michaelvk

Alex is an awesome bloke.. Can't say it enough.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

DeFuzzed

I watched that Inside Hollywood the other night, but no Dredd. Did I get the dates wrong or something?

dweezil2

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 July, 2012, 11:45:51 AM
6AM tomorrow.

Whoa!

Looks like I won't get the goss until after work tomorrow night!

Cheers Steve G!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

CraveNoir

Quote from: DeFuzzed on 11 July, 2012, 04:23:51 PM
I watched that Inside Hollywood the other night, but no Dredd. Did I get the dates wrong or something?

No, but maybe 5USA's twitter guy did. It seems there's no new show on the demand5 site. It might be on the show tonight which is definately a new episode. We'll see! It'll probably be just a clip from the panel and some trailer footage.