Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 23 July, 2012, 11:46:17 PM
How will you do that -or am I the one living in an alternate reality where cinema staff know precisely nothing.

They actually know which trailers are showing with which film in your neck of the woods?

Numerous staff from the cinema frequent the comic shop, including one of the projectionists. I shall be asking them on prog day ;)

CraveNoir

From Paul Leonard-Morgan's Facebook page:

Dredd 3D soundtrack is off for mastering at Metropolis Studios. Release will be start of September.

Several reviews from the screening the other week noted the impressive soundtrack.

Also Danny Cocke's "Sinister Intent" as used in the trailer can be heard here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dGETezywv4
and on his fantastic album "Verge of Total Chaos"

Stan

nicklarr

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: BOODA on 23 July, 2012, 06:48:58 PM
Quote from: James on 23 July, 2012, 04:53:09 PM
Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 23 July, 2012, 12:01:41 AM
No Dredd trailer at the TDKR I saw tonight, pity.Still lots of selfish twats checking the time/their messages or whatever on their mobiles throughout the film ,unbelievable.
I got my revenge later by dropping a nasty popcorn fart, I could see her and her boyfriend hitching up their t-shirts to cover their noses.

That'll learn them.

HAHAH....you mean - 'I cut my revenge later...'
Although, a bit of a dirty bomb, though, eh?...what about the other people around you - they'd be engulfed in the stench too.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

IndigoPrime

It's funny reading that feminism post someone referred to earlier, but Dredd really has seemingly nailed that aspect of things, for a comic-book movie. Anderson's uniform is the same as Dredd's, as it should be. She has the potential of being quite a breakout comic-book woman, versus the typically 'sexy'/'helpless' depictions of women in these kinds of movies. Coming after The Avengers, this can only be a good thing (although that movie wasn't entirely free of problems, given its general lack of balance—one woman in the main team and five men).

a chosen rider

The Judge Dredd comics are really extremely good in their depiction of female characters.  Occasional art-droid malfunction aside, the female Judges dress the same as their male counterparts, they do the same jobs, they're equally competent, they play important roles in the plot and they all have distinct and different personalities.  The film version has a much stronger foundation to build on than, say, Avengers, which is basically Joss Whedon struggling valiantly with material that isn't giving him much to work with.  Even so, it's still pretty heartening to hear that the film has carried that through in a way that's faithful to the source comics instead of rewriting the women into more stereotypical roles.

And Karl Urban's very popular with the female sci-fi and fantasy geeks of my acquaintance, what with his roles in Star Trek, LotR and even Xena: Warrior Princess, and a fair chunk of those are also already readers of US superhero comics.  With any luck, between Urban and the good word of mouth Dredd is getting about its female characters, this might be a chance to draw more women readers into checking out the comics.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

malkymac

My 17 year old son and his mate just came back from spiderman and said that they thought the trailer looking amazing. neither of them have read the comics before but both of them seemed very keen on going to see the movie just after seeing the trailer.

i showed them the violent clip on youtube and both said 'that looks awesome!'.

Hopefully get a few of this demographic going to see the film.

Mudcrab

Hope his birthday's soon! Either that or you have a relaxed cinema  ;)

My nephew's in the same boat, he's 17 and doesn't really look as though he could pass for more. Not sure how strict they are here with checking, it's not like it's a pub. I could just step up and say "He's 18, creep" I guess  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

JOE SOAP

New images in Empire:

MR. ELIMINATOR

Did they put their review in there?

Goaty

Mr Soap!! I think that new image in toilet room is [spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler]!

Stan

A nicely epic double page of the bike. I'll have to grab me this issue.

JOE SOAP

I don't know the context of the shot so I'm not spoiled.

MR. ELIMINATOR

How many pages do they have on Dredd?