Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreacherCain

Quote from: judgeblake on 01 August, 2012, 02:24:57 PM
wait, did I misread something or get the wrong end of the stick.....did someone say The Raid is getting a remake????!!!!!

Apparently so. Evans is also working on a sequel to the original version. Which I suppose will also get a remake...

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 August, 2012, 05:25:03 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 01 August, 2012, 11:10:52 AM
Good article of Comic Book Recourses interview with John Wagner about 35 years of Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, and DREDD 3D.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40172

From that article, an example of the PURE CLASS that is John Wagner:

There have been many, many writers over the years who have been called "the next John Wagner." What does that phrase mean to you?

Never heard the expression, myself. I assume it means cynical, world-weary and grumpy. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

My favourite bit was when the interviewer asked an irksome question about the comic, and Wagner told him to buy a fucking subscription and see for himself.

Misanthrope

I wonder why Dredd's crying?

[spoiler]He has just been shot in the gut.[/spoiler]
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Michaelvk

Quote from: Goaty on 01 August, 2012, 11:10:52 AM
Good article of Comic Book Recourses interview with John Wagner about 35 years of Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, and DREDD 3D.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40172

[spoiler]There have been many, many writers over the years who have been called "the next John Wagner." What does that phrase mean to you?

Never heard the expression, myself. I assume it means cynical, world-weary and grumpy. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.[/spoiler]

Ah! Our own Joe Soap then   ;) :P
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Richmond Clements

I've removed the spoilery post, and the replies related to it. Just in case anyone is wondering where their posts have gone.

judgeblake

many thanks. It shan't happen again. I exile myself to Cursed Earth!!!!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Michaelvk on 01 August, 2012, 08:14:26 PM

[spoiler]There have been many, many writers over the years who have been called "the next John Wagner." What does that phrase mean to you?

Never heard the expression, myself. I assume it means cynical, world-weary and grumpy. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.[/spoiler]

Ah! Our own Joe Soap then   ;) :P

I am the future.

SmallBlueThing

What are we to make of the trailer being classified twice, once on the 26th june, and again on the 9th july, both times receiving a 12A rating, but the second time being a second shorter?

SBT

JOE SOAP

Both trailers passed with no cuts. DNA/Entertainment may have decided to alter the first trailer after it was submitted and classified but because it was altered needed to be re-submitted for classification.

The first trailer may not have been intended for cinema but the second one was and has a different title card?

Goaty

Think trailer was for 12A films at cinema, and later it will be 18 Trailer soon. :-)

IAMTHESYSTEM

Whilst watching late night rubbish I often see a few Film Trailers, Expendables 2 for instance so do you think Lionsgate will follow suit with a brief TV AD campaign?

They seem to have very positive reviews at San Diego Comic Con and I'm sure a few Film preview programmes would be interested in profiling DREDD but is that enough to promote the Movie into peoples conciousness?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

chuffsteruk

PreacherCain

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 02 August, 2012, 06:41:36 PM

Final poster

Got a bit of a Dark Knight feel to it, doesn't it?