Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: James Stacey on 07 September, 2012, 01:21:42 PM
No Dredd branded glasses in Cardiff Cineworld but I do have my tickets in hand. Not sure how busy they are supposed to be on a Friday lunchtime but there was definite traffic and all for Dredd. Zarjaz

What? queue for Dredd??? Awesome!

James Stacey

Not a queue but definite activity.  There isn't a showing for over an hour tho I think so I was surprised.

radiator

That's really good to hear. I know reviews don't tend to affect things one way or the other, but I'd love to see the positive reviews sinking in to the public consciousness and turning into box office receipts.

The film is going to be a lot easier to sell worldwide if it's as "The Number 1 UK Smash Hit!!!"...

Goaty

Martin Jameson

Just got back from seeing it for the second time! Even better on second viewing - saw bits I missed the first time. And my wife absolutely loved it!

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

HunterZolomon

"Citizen Tookey, you have been found guilty of being a rubbish film reviewer with the writing skills of a cursed earth rat. The sentence is writing for the Mail."

If anyone on this board is responsible for that comment on the DM review, I salute you!  :D

Martin Jameson

Quote from: Michaelvk on 07 September, 2012, 01:59:23 PM
Was it busy?

I didn't expect many for a 11am showing but there was 20 or 30 there.

Something Fishy

This article sums up my feelings too http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/09/05/blog-dredd-one-too-many-ds-in-the-title/

For those of us who can't see it it's bloody frustrating to see so much focus on this gimmick.

I just won't get to see this until a DVD release and i'm one of the core demographic for it.  Bloody shame.

junox

just got back watched at Vue cinema in Edinburgh OMNI  in 3d , first ever 3d movie
only 15-20 people there for first  viewing ..went for good seat
Karl is  Dredd , hes good ....enjoyed movie ....
had a good gritty feel to it   
lapses in the middle slightly
shame there wasnt more mega city people and effects...

i left the cinema thinking  that this is the intro to another movie  hope  not another 30 years 

Something Fishy

All the sadder that at this time where disability is in the spotlight a major movie release has been delivered in a way that excludes a huge number of people with eye disability.

Michaelvk

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 02:07:23 PM
This article sums up my feelings too http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/09/05/blog-dredd-one-too-many-ds-in-the-title/

For those of us who can't see it it's bloody frustrating to see so much focus on this gimmick.

I just won't get to see this until a DVD release and i'm one of the core demographic for it.  Bloody shame.

There are 2D screenings too..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Steve Green

Can't remember where I read it, but there would be more 3D showings initially, then 2D would be more common.

Something Fishy

Thera re just 29 2d screenings in the UK at the moment  http://film.list.co.uk/article/45206-dredd-2d-scree nings-around-the-uk/

They need to increase that massively is they're to be inclusive and ensure this doesn't cut into the positive buzz.  It doesn't just affect a handful of people.  Those who can't and those who won't combined are a lot of people.

NSFTM

seen it at the 10:20am showing, about 35 people there... not bad going for a friday, on a work day straight after breakfast.

couple of minor gripes, but it's really entertaining... welled up a bit at the beginning(yeah sad twat).. because it looks like the film i'd dreamed of.. came out of the cinema grinning.. canny good like
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others