Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKD

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 September, 2012, 09:06:58 AM
This is true. When I went to see The Avengers, there were only 30 or 40 people in the cinema, and I believe it did okay...
Quote from: SKD on 08 September, 2012, 05:24:54 PM
With regard to the amount of punters in the cinema. For the showing I went to there were 17 other people. Ok, that doesn't seem many. But if you compare that to when I went to see the Avengers, in the same time slot (First screening of the day, first saturday of release.) when there were about 30 people in, the figures don't look so bad.

My only concern was for the lack of advertising in the (Showcase) cinema that I attended. I didn't see any posters or anything as I walked in and through the foyer. I did ask about the Dredd 3D glasses, but was told quite despondently "I'm sorry, we don't tend to get sent promotional things like that here."

One of my workmates went to a different cinema yesterday at 4.30. he said that there were only 7 others in there. But, it was sunny out and the pubs in the town were busy. He really enjoyed the film though.

I'm hoping to go again next weekend with some friends.

Stew

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 09 September, 2012, 10:21:59 AM
I wonder what Anderson was going to say before she got cut off. The 'there's something more' bit.

He's gay.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 September, 2012, 10:26:18 AM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 09 September, 2012, 10:21:59 AM
I wonder what Anderson was going to say before she got cut off. The 'there's something more' bit.

He's gay.

Heh. I bet even Alex Garland doesn't know. Writer's trick to make the reader/viewer go 'Ohhhh! I wonder what he was going to say?'

MR. ELIMINATOR

darnmarr

Somethin' not quite right about that boy... something about a long-standing live-in relationship with a lisping male-styled robot who likes to wear a 'pinny'...

DeFuzzed

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 09 September, 2012, 11:18:49 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 September, 2012, 10:26:18 AM

He's gay.

Haha!

[spoiler]And Lex's advances were ignored hence resulting in his vengeance.[/spoiler]

It all makes so much more sense now.

DKCX

Finally saw the movie yesterday as I was on a business trip on Thursday and Friday. Received a text message from my friend on the Friday evening who was raving about the movie, he mentioned he had no problem getting a seat as they were the only two there.  :-\
Went with the wife, had her read the nasty Ma-Ma prologue to get her in the mood.
We went to the 4.15pm showing, cinema was quiet enough as we got our tickets and snacks.
Sat in our seats, only 6 there including the two of us.  :(
Both of us were blown away, the slo-mo scenes were brilliant, the whole package was dynamite. Karl was bloody awesome but in fairness Olivia was excellant in her role and held her own against Karls performance.
Too many great scenes to pick out. All the supporting actors were great, loved Judge Lex's banter with Dredd.  :)
I thought the violence wasn't as hard as I thought, even the missus agreed.  :-*
Minor gripe was the midget female Judge, her helmet didn't sit right on her head in her scenes. Thankfully, the camera didn't concentrate for too long on her for you to notice.
The missus thought I didn't like it as I had been talking up a storm for months and was speechless afterwards as I was still digesting the movie. All I could say was it was alright.  :D
Overall, both of us were very happy leaving the cinema. A solid 8/10 from me.
The lack of bums in seats are starting to worry me a little.

chuffsteruk

I'd like to think that UK cinema goers are a lot less`urgent `than those in the US.There's not such a rush to go and see a new movie on the first weekend(unless it's been mega-hyped as a blockbuster) and, as such, films stay in a the UK charts, chugging along nicely, for a lot longer.

Plus, the 3D ticket prices might help recoup the budget  :D

radiator

The lack of punters at daytime doesn't bother me - especially as its so hot, there's Paralympics on the tv and it's an 18.

It's reports of quiet evening showings that I find worrying...

darnmarr

Well its the american market that matters and I imagine most yankee doodles dont give a damn how it did overhere...

MR. ELIMINATOR

Does anyone know the song that was playing in the Slo-Mo den? Didn't sound like it was part of the score.

junox

it sounded like a REMIX of "I Feel Love - Donna Summer" track from the late 70s probably wrong

MR. ELIMINATOR

Yeah that sounds like it, thanks! Not sure which remix exactly.

MR. ELIMINATOR

The Sherman Kid

Nice find.
Quote from: SneakeeX on 09 September, 2012, 11:28:26 AM
Minor gripe was the midget female Judge, her helmet didn't sit right on her head in her scenes. Thankfully, the camera didn't concentrate for too long on her for you to notice.

I know she was only a minor role, but I thought her performance was excellent -her commanding voice and her body language were perfect (and yes it was a slightly ill-fitting helmet)