Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 14 September, 2012, 08:45:15 PM
Someone has has been Tweeting photos of a bloke attending a screening of Dredd wearing a homemade, cardboard judge uniform.

Own up - which one of you is it?

Dammit! Can't believe someone takes photograph of me!

;)

darnmarr

Whoever he is: bless'im.
Unless he actually is his Goatiness, in which case I say: "you're IN THE FILM: put the pizza-box shoulder-pads  away! or words to that effect...

Stan

It just occurred to me that Karl was at the perfect age to play Dredd. He's was 40 when the film was released but he was 38 when they started filming.

Because the cloning scene in Origins was a little Vague, Dredd is somewhere between 38 and 40 during his first comic appearance (Dreddverse 2099). Assuming I didn't screw up the math, which wouldn't be unheard of.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Fuck ORIGINS. Dredd is all the origin we need. I didn't grow up with 2000ad, but I have always kinda known Dredd. And enough people have loved this film who don't know him. An origin story would be the biggest waste ever. We only need to know one thing: http://youtu.be/jC2ZY2loo74

Keef Monkey

Origins is amazing though, one does not simply say "fuck origins".

judda fett

yup, cant say fuck origins. its a bonefide classic.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 September, 2012, 10:53:51 PM
so glad you found a screening fishy. I never believed that ridiculous piscine conspiracy theory!

Cheers  :)

Ridiculous it was.  Upset I might have been and I might have expressed my upset to Rebellion but I didn't become insane and a liar overnight (well, ok insaner).

It was probably my low ebb on here I admit but my fading eyes are a source of huge worry and it sadly combined one of the things i was most excited for with the personal thing i'm most worried about hence the result

Hairwolf

Quote from: judgefett on 15 September, 2012, 07:47:27 AM
yup, cant say fuck origins. its a bonefide classic.

Pretty much everything in origins would be great as a sequel, maybe combine it with elements of the pro democracy storylines or as I think Michael VK mentioned maybe something with Anderson and the mutants...there'd be so much to get your teeth into.

Radbacker

man i just found out this doesnt hit OZ til October 25, I swear its been pushed back and still get blank looks when i ask my local cinema if theyre going to be playing it.  its those grud damn Tnhrillsuckers infecting this country i blame  :'(

Cu Radbacker

Tiplodocus

I found ORIGINS far from classic. Actually DULL in places.

Sorry.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 15 September, 2012, 11:31:29 AM
I found ORIGINS far from classic. Actually DULL in places.

Sorry.

See, you can say you didn't like it, you can even call it 'a steaming pile of stomm', but you can't find it 'non classic'. Classic or not is a matter of consensus, not individual opinions. It's the nature of the beast. ;)

Steve Green

The Sherman Kid

That is awesome work, thanks for the link too Steve

Goaty

junox

Great link Steve, cool picture.... OLD Dredd NEW Dredd

reminds me of when Dan Dare came back with the Lycra, cool top and  power glove- all thanks to the mekon. was it ?    (mind you i did like Dan Dare  before)  ive seen that character through a few changes- used to get my dads old Eagle comics .. im sure we will see Dredd going through more changes on screen  - just like the comic .
much prefer the new Dredd,  much more believable  ....Still they kneed to get the HELMET right for next movie

really like that concept art  topic
http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,36877.0.html